Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When will we next move stadiums?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I wonder.

Will it ever happen again? Surely it will, eventually. How far in the future will it be? 100 years? 200 years? 500 years?

Will there be some massive breakthrough in technology that means we could move to make it cheaper or carbon neutral or something? Will we need to move to expand to 100,000 because we get so big? Will the bubble burst in football and we end up playing in front of 2,000 crowds so need to move to a small stadium to keep the costs down?

I wonder.

My prediction is we will move to a floating / hover stadium off the coast in 2176.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not during the lifetime of any active supporters now. I doubt anybody supporting us now will be able to say at the opening of a new stadium I remember going to the first game at The Amex.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Ah. But where will the coast be in 2176? Probably Falmer will be floating or what's left of it after the Acid Rain attacks the concrete and steel.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I really hope that it is not in my lifetime, the Amex is already the fourth "home" ground where I've watched the Albion at and I'd be very happy for it to be my last.

:)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Not during the lifetime of any active supporters now. I doubt anybody supporting us now will be able to say at the opening of a new stadium I remember going to the first game at The Amex.

I wouldn't be too sure on that! 10yo's of today may well see medical advances that will see people expected to live to 120 years plus and still have reasonably active lifestyles. Obviously that's way ahead into the future. I remember reading that the Amex has been built with an expectant use of 125 years.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
2123 is apparently the mooted date for the new ground. By then the Amex will look as old and knackered as Selhurst does today. I'm guessing with the quality of our seats they won't get sun bleached like they already are at other relatively new grounds - Stoke, Sunderland and Wigan to name three.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
After watching David Attenborough last night, how far is the stadium off mean sea-level? Actually it might be where we all have to go and live...

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I wouldn't be too sure on that! 10yo's of today may well see medical advances that will see people expected to live to 120 years plus and still have reasonably active lifestyles. Obviously that's way ahead into the future. I remember reading that the Amex has been built with an expectant use of 125 years.

Having outlasted Alex Ferguson in the managerial stakes by many decades 120 year old Gus steps off the team coach for the first match at the new ground:

100yearold_175x125.jpg

Reporter: So what do you make of the new stadium Sir Poyet?
Gus: Errrrr, eeeeeessss.....errrr.....eeeessss
Tarricco: 'Complicated' boss.
Gus: Oh yes, eeeeesss....what was eet again?
Tarricco (rolling eyes): 'Complicated' boss.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Better get the planning application in fairly soon if we want to be kicking off in our new stadium in 2123.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We're all going to die on December 21, 2012 so I declare this thread null and void!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
We won't need stadia in 2176. The match will just be beamed direct into our brains from a 1st person perspective.

We'll actually be able to experience first hand what it's like for the Billy Paynter of the future as the ball ricochets off his shin at random angles and velocities.

Maverick

Jun 1, 2011
I think global warming will mean that the Amex will be underwater by 2040 so we will need to relocate the ground and change songs to 'good old Surrey by the sea'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here