• Don't give a toss as Cricket is not for me

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I personally think it will be a capitulation and 330 all out after an hour and a quarter.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I think we lost the Ashes before we left home.

Our team is probably 5th or 6th by now,and the Aussies Wives XI would certainly beat them.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
You know what, I think we can just nick a draw. They only took 4 wickets today (two in the final two overs) im not totally convinced they will take all 5 wickets.

*NURSE*

*Awaits typical England batting collapse*:D

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
we'll probably lose a wicket in the first over.

Contemplating getting up early tomorrow to see the tests conclusion (if it's still going), but not sure i can be arsed.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Withdean Wanderer said:

Contemplating getting up early tomorrow to see the tests conclusion (if it's still going), but not sure i can be arsed.

Is that FREDDIE talking?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
IF , and it's a big if, KP and Freddie can find their form, then I truly believe we can win this match.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Frutos said:
IF , and it's a big if, KP and Freddie can find their form, then I truly believe we can win this match.

KP has shown form during this series, FREDDIE has been GASH

Yoda

English & European
Skint Gull said:
I think KP and Fred can get a decent partnership but as soon as one of them goes the Aussies tails will be up and it'll be done within an hour :nono:

Have to agree with you there. If they can take their time and hold on in there (NURSE) the Aussie's will start getting anxious and may start making mistakes.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Great players they may be, but if you had to pick two guys to bat painstakingly all day, keeping their concentration and not being tempted to go for any stupid shots, I doubt you'd pick Flintoff and Pietersen

:lolol:

I've voted for all out by lunch.

Couple of early wickets to stupid shots, followed by a comedy late flurry from Monty, but ultimate capitulation, losing all five wickets for about 25 runs.

I haven't even looked at the score so far, so may yet look very stupid. Or be incredibly prescient.

:lolol:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Double your cash! Almost!

BHAbet is offering 6/5 ON an England score of less than 385. Surely this could be the most free money any bookmaker has ever given away!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I hope you all got on this. You have not been charged for this advice, as the saying goes.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I woke up at 8am this morning and put the tv straight on to see Pieterson batting with Jones and the score on 336-6. "Blimey" I thought, "we're actually gonna pull off a draw. Brilliant, just a couple more hours to cling on."

I started getting ready for work in a good mood for once on a Monday, although I couldn't help but feel we must have batted very, very slowly........ "oh well, perhaps there was some rain this morning or something".....

then I looked up at the right hand side of the screen and thats where I saw the dreaded words........... "Sky Sports REPLAY". Gutted isn't the word.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Withdean Wanderer said:
we'll probably lose a wicket in the first over.

Just woken up. Thankfully!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Zesh Rehman said:
you know what Mark, i bet your happy that we lost, as it means you can moan more.

Nope.
Actually, i'm a bit sick of some of the repetitive moans I keep hearing.
e.g:

"F*CK OFF Giles you useless c*nt" - Well, wasn't he one of the heroes of the previous Ashes series? Read in the paper that his wife has got a brain tumour, so he's gone home. Poor sod

"F*CK OFF Fletcher you useless c*nt, PLAY MONTY" - After the complete disgrace of the first two tests. Fletcher then plays Monty...who takes 5 wickets in an innings. This results in more "F*CK OFF Fletcher" moaning, despite the fact that Fletcher is one of the main reasons we've had so much SUCCESS in recent years, compared to the shambles of the mid/late nineties, where we were a DISGRACE constantly.

Monty plays, and we still get BATTERED. Everyone needs a scapegoat, so who takes the abuse? Geraint Jones. Because of course, Chris Read has done so much in his previous test matches to make his absence completely BAFFLING! Of course, had Read played, the result would obviously have been so much difference, because he might have scored an extra 18 runs or so, which would obviously mean us winning the series 5-0.

Yeh, right.
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

At the end of the day, our team is full of out of form players who aren't good enough, and haven't had any decent preperation for a TEST series. Without S. Jones SWINGING the ball, and Michael Vaughans WORLD CLASS captaincy, we are NOT an international force. This disasterous series really shouldn't have been unexpected.

(awaits moaning at moaners abuse)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here