Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When Will The Sunday League Kick Off Again?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Sussex Sunday Football League

Sunday 29/11/09 ALL matches at the following venues are postponed due to waterlogged pitches - Aldrington Rec., Bevendean Park, Braypool, East Brighton Park, Easthill Park, Greenleas, Happy Valley, Nevill Rec., Patcham Place, Preston Park, Stanmer Park, Victoria Rec. & Waterhall.

Well the powers that be have called off Sunday's games already (29/11/09), which I make it, 4 consecutive weeks of called off matches due to waterlogged pitches.

The weather seems unrelenting, and with Christmas coming up, it could well be 2010 when we can pretend to be our footballing gods like Thierry Henry, Adam El Abd and Chris Kirkland :down:

waterlogged.jpg

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not holding much hope of mid sussex games going tomorrow either, especially if the rain comes a calling tonight again

IndianaPaul

Kingdom Of Withdean
Dec 19, 2008
another sunday ruined now then! practically a month till we all play again! great! Mendoza, who do you play for?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
All council pitches in Hastings off this weekend :(

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Having walked up the Nevile Rec to go from HP6 to BMS6 today, I can assure you that the Rec is in such a state, its unnerving. Horrible conditions.

Tommo2009

Nov 5, 2009
Aww I love it when the pitches are just sludge, reminds me of those clips when Soccer Am goes for adverts :D

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Meant to be playing Haywards Heath tomorrow.

Still on though, at the moment.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
My junior team's game is still on for Sunday at Southwick Rec, council have inspected today and given the go ahead, only the ref can call it off now. We haven't played for 4 weeks.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Buckingham Park games are still on and Junior is supposed to be playing at Whitehawk FC in the cup.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Why do the council call the games off after a few hours of rain?

Its absolutly fine now but the whole weekend of Football has been called off!

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
It is annoying, but it's not as bad as the feeling my team had the other week, when we went down to Waterhall and had to watch the "adjudicator" (or whatever someone less pretentious would call him) from the powers that be work out whether the pitch was playable. He threw the ball into a massive puddle and then came to the enlightened decision to call it off. Not fun when most of us were tired and hungover.

Apparently there were hardly any games played during December last year...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Meant to be playing Haywards Heath tomorrow.

Still on though, at the moment.

is that at hanbury park? if so it should be on. they have done a shit load of work on the pitch over the summer, so much so that it is probably one of the best surfaces in the county league now

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Juniors game at Whitehawk FC canned

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here