Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When will the first signing(s) come?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Bringing in Adams has probably slowed things down - we would almost certainly have signed Matt Richards by now had Wilkins still been in charge.

So just how long will it be before we start to build a squad capable of challenging for promotion?

Will Adams wait until after 1st June?

Are he and Knight going on holiday as in previous years so we are too late for the cream and have to make do with the leftovers?

Being positive I am betting that we might hear something about targets next week and have at least one confirmed signing before the end of this month.............

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Probably the usual scramble with a few days to go to the new season then then.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
hope not - if Adams' engagement is supposed to boost ticket sales he will need to have the beginnings of a bright new future well before that

Still awaiting a decision from Wilkins, the season only finished a couple of weeks ago, Adams has hardly had time to get his desk laid out how he likes it, Larry Boyd's scouting reports need a good look at, no other clubs seem to be adding masses of players to their squads.

Better to do it properly-don't you think?

Besides, loads of time yet-some clubs' released players lists are still being compiled-let's see exactly who is available first. Start to panic in June if nothing's happening.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
11th June:thumbsup:

Matt Richards for £50k and clauses (assuming they don't let him go for free)

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Nah I have a good feeling that Richards will come to us, not so sure about Westlake though (considering we probably won't be able to afford him anyway).
Nothing like a guarenteed 1st team place in a respectable league to get the players to the club rather than rotting in the reserves at a Championship club.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
At the last minute as per recent seasons, players still available are getting desperate so are likely to agree to sign for less than their original demands,not the best method as we have found out.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
A lot of players will be away right now. Most are probably under contract til the end of June and it's only when they realise that they are probably not as good, and wanted, as they thought they were, that they'll be ready to talk to the likes of us.

The August transfer window doesn't really do much for team planning. Your best players, on whom you may have planned a season, could get lured away and then you have to rush to get in replacements.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
By the way in respone to the question...I think the first player will arrive very soon and micky adams will have all new players signed up by the start of pre-season and the only players that will join on loan will arrive close to the start of the season.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Why dont you just f*** off to Spain....You are so stupid without Mr Knight there would be no f***ing club...get over it please:rant:

i agree he has saved the club but i along with plenty of others think that he is now holding the club back - you have your opinion - i have mine oh and i won't f*** off to spain

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
i agree he has saved the club but i along with plenty of others think that he is now holding the club back - you have your opinion - i have mine

Please explain how he is holding the club back please?

1)He has got us Falmer

2)From the worst ground in the league we have won 2 titles and a play off

3)He has brought in managers like adams,talyor,coppell

4)He has brought the board and the fans closer to each other than any other club in the country

5)This summer we will have one of the biggest budgets in the whole of league 1

If you could back your views up you might get some respect back...I can back up my views on Mr Knight by giving FACTS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here