Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

when the sleeping giant awakes...

seagullsaint

Jan 2, 2009
....my only worry about the stadium being completed is that we have lost too many sussex fans to man u,chelsea etc etc...... I hope i am wrong but the 30 odd thousand who made their way to cardiff for the play-offs where made up partly of local sussex people 'doing their duty', before going back to their london teams.... :falmer:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
There are ten-odd thousand waiting in the wings to come back and watch a competitive Brighton team playing in a decent stadium in the Championship, where we can hopefully match Premiership-chasing Palace's woeful 15k for their last home game. And if we ever make the Premiership ourselves the ground will sell out for most games (certainly at 22k capacity!), if for no other reason than that a significant proportion of home seats will be filled by fans of the visiting teams (although why Wigan don't sell out in this regard is a mystery, unless they make it virtually impossible for away fans to buy sly tickets in the home stands)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
My theory is if Reading can do it so can we. They're traditionally smaller crowds, and they are even closer to London.

seagullsaint

Jan 2, 2009
my theory is that if the pot hunters can change their team so easily in the first place,( according to who is winning trophies at the time) when we have won the johnstone paints trophy they shall come flocking back and forget about being die hard manc supporters brought up in the slums of polegate!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
my theory is that if the pot hunters can change their team so easily in the first place,( according to who is winning trophies at the time) when we have won the johnstone paints trophy they shall come flocking back and forget about being die hard manc supporters brought up in the slums of polegate!

I didn't know Shinewater was in Polegate :ohmy:

seagullsaint

Jan 2, 2009
I know manchester has a zone around it called greater manchester, but pevensey bay is taking the pish.....

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I thought Pevensey Bay was an Arsenal stronghold :lol:

seagullsaint

Jan 2, 2009
no no... pevensey bay is a manchester united stronghold! you are thinking of pevensey which is gooners,,,, pevensey recreation ground is divided down the middle however... the 'pev bay salford young team' have control of the swings, while 'pevensey gooners', operate the slide. :whisky:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I hate all London clubs TBH. Bring on Falmer :falmer:

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Neil Warnock once said we were a sleeping giant, hes right. But we need to get into the Championship and being doing well there before we even think about get regular full houses in, and success.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
not really fans then are they if they f*** off and follow a prem team?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
you would think, but then it is £10 to get in for the JPT area FINAL tomorrow, which could see us go to Wembley and we have only sold 5400 tickets.

I think if we get to Wembley we would struggle to sell more tickets than the capicity of Falmer

But most loyal fans don't actually care about the JPT, let alone the casuals who need real incentive to go to a game. I know for £10 you would expect people to bite the clubs hand off, but I don't think you can judge any club by their JPT attendances.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
you would think, but then it is £10 to get in for the JPT area FINAL tomorrow, which could see us go to Wembley and we have only sold 5400 tickets.

I think if we get to Wembley we would struggle to sell more tickets than the capicity of Falmer
I don't. I predicted around 5000 for this game, the 'chance' of getting to Wembley doesn't mean that much, it's still a game against Luton at Withdean in the JPT. Wembley is the attraction because it's Wembley. Double our gate for this competition isn't bad!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here