Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When/IF We Are Relegated...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I do hope Russell Slade stays (if he wants to of course) I reckon he IS the right man for the huge challenge that is managing The Albion and I hope he is backed by the board.

:ascarf: :ascarf:

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I do hope Russell Slade stays (if he wants to of course) I reckon he IS the right man for the huge challenge that is managing The Albion and I hope he is backed by the board.

Too right he should stay. Chopping and changing the manager is the main reason we're in this mess.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What makes you say this. So far hism record is

Played 2

Won 0
Drawn 0
Lost 2
For 2
Against 5

Points 0

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ok but the ott praise by some of some Bald bloke who has never played the game and started his record with us with 2 defeats out of 2 and 5 goals conceded making him out to be the next Messiah is baffling to say the least.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Ok but the ott praise by some of some Bald bloke who has never played the game and started his record with us with 2 defeats out of 2 and 5 goals conceded making him out to be the next Messiah is baffling to say the least.

As is your criticism of the same individual. He got the job on Friday so has had one training session in control of the team.

I agree we shouldn't go overboard with praise, but by the same token you have to give him a chance. Where we are is not his fault.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
As is your criticism of the same individual. He got the job on Friday so has had one training session in control of the team.

I agree we shouldn't go overboard with praise, but by the same token you have to give him a chance. Where we are is not his fault.

I am giving him a chance. Everyone else doesn't seem to need to do that to suggest he should get the job. Interesting.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I LOVE him already, although disappointed with lack of suitage last night, I from now one will be replacing my wave with the Slade Salute

0,,10433%7E5460498,00.jpg

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
I LOVE him already, although disappointed with lack of suitage last night, I from now one will be replacing my wave with the Slade Salute

0,,10433%7E5460498,00.jpg

Why has knowone mentioned Lloyd Owusu's "pump it up" "raise the roof" gestures on Tuesday night?? imagine a combination of the two....

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Like his attitude but really too early to say.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'll save my opinion until the end of the month.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Spot on Trigg, it's about time we backed a manager and gave them some time.

Slade will be in the best position to take the job irrespective of relegation because he will have worked with the players for a couple of months and will know who we wants to retain and who to get rid of as well as already identifying where we need to strengthen.

If we give it to someone else they will not have this knowledge having not worked with the players.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What makes you say this. So far hism record is

Played 2

Won 0
Drawn 0
Lost 2
For 2
Against 5

Points 0
I posted a thread on Tuesday night after the match with these statistics and got flamed. :blush:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Both views expressed in this thread are ridiculously wrong...

1. "Slade is the man for the job" - how can anyone say that? It is, of course, valid to say we hope he is the man for the job, but we can simply have no idea of that he actually IS, as he's had no time to prove anything yet.

2. "Played 2, Lost 2 blah blah blah" - also obviously ridiculous, for the same reason as the above. Whether anyone counts the Orient game or not is neither here nor there. Again, simply, there has not been enough time to say "Slade is shit".

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
1. "Slade is the man for the job" - how can anyone say that? It is, of course, valid to say we hope he is the man for the job, but we can simply have no idea of that he actually IS, as he's had no time to prove anything yet.

Whilst I see where you're coming from say we do get relegated, is it then fair to say Slade isn't the man for the job when he got thrown into a sinking ship with players lacking confidence and having to work with who we have already got and who Dean White bought in on loan??

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Think what Trigger is saying is that he "reckons" (ie his opinion) Russell Slade is the man for the job, not that he IS the man for the job. In my opinion to judge any manager after less than 6-12 months in the job is plainly ridiculous, let alone after two games, or eight weeks. So Trigger's post makes total sense.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Think what Trigger is saying is that he "reckons" (ie his opinion) Russell Slade is the man for the job, not that he IS the man for the job. In my opinion to judge any manager after less than 6-12 months in the job is plainly ridiculous, let alone after two games, or eight weeks. So Trigger's post makes total sense.
Exactly, I'm not going to try speaking for everyone else like some of the apologists do, it is merely MY opinion, I look at his past record and I see no better realistic candidate to get us straight back up next year (if we drop that is).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here