Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When did you start supporting the Albion?

When did you start following the Albion

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Must confess I struggle to see how anyone could get enthusiastic about continually going to watch a team that play shit football and hardly win at League 1 or below. I'm guessing that a large proportion of our fans started watching during the Glory Years, the Nelson era, the Double Championship seasons or the Coppell/McGhee years

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Because it's the town in which I was born and I can't stand glory hunters. 1963.

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
1997/98 was my first season. What a poor time to start supporting the club! But it means that this current slump doesn't have quite the same impact, atleast we're established a league higher than back then and there is genuine light at the end of the tunnel with Falmer rising from the ground.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
1955. Third Division South! Since then I guess I've seen it all - good, bad, mediocre - highs and lows! But I can honestly say that this season and the last one rank with the very lows. It's impossible to get excited about what we're having to endure at the moment.Even in that season in the early seventies when we were bottom of the old Division One for week after week, the crowds turned up because the team were prepared to battle it out.(Think it was the year Tony Towner made his debut)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I was a Brady baby. 1994. When Matthew Le Tissier played for us.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Even in that season in the early seventies when we were bottom of the old Division One for week after week, the crowds turned up because the team were prepared to battle it out.(Think it was the year Tony Towner made his debut)

Errrr.... are you sure????

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My first game was in 1946 but you dont really 'support' the team as a 3 year old. So it was probably about 1948/9 when I reached 5 or 6 years old. I have seen plenty of highs and lows and I do not consider this present moment to be exceedingly low as I believe that we have the nucleus of a reasonable team and a potentially good manager and a chairman with the money to back his ambition.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
first became aware of the club durin the double championship era but didnt begin seriously taking an interest until coppells time at the club, only started going to a lot of games last season

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
1955. Third Division South! Since then I guess I've seen it all - good, bad, mediocre - highs and lows! But I can honestly say that this season and the last one rank with the very lows. It's impossible to get excited about what we're having to endure at the moment.Even in that season in the early seventies when we were bottom of the old Division One for week after week, the crowds turned up because the team were prepared to battle it out.(Think it was the year Tony Towner made his debut)

Age is catching up with you :lolol:it wasnt the early seventies when we were at the bottom of old Div 1 but early eighties.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
1968 for me Albion vs Bradford City think we won 2-1.In the chicken run standing on a wooden box.seen most things with the Albion.Breaks my heart at the moment but things WILL get better.I believe you have to endure the bad times,to enjoy the good times.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Didnt he play for us in a testimonial game for somebody on one occassion.

Jimmy Cases' . I arrived late & could only get in with the liverpool fans.
Hardly a scouse accent among them.:ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here