Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When did you start clapping the Stoke goals?

When did YOU start clapping the goals?

• 5:31 Rooney

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • 21:16 Rooney

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • 39:12 Sidibe

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • 62:05 Rooney

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • 81:45 Sweeney

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • 83:48 Loft

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • None of them

Votes: 9 10.5%

• Total voters

There was a deal of enthusiastic rapture this afternoon as the goals went in.

I was delighted at how enthusiastic the Stokies were when Loft scored - although their chant of "You're gonna win six-five" was a tad optimistic.

But it was good to see hardcore Albion fans cheering the opposition's goals. Some of us joined in right from the start, but for others it took three or four before the message sank in - just sit back and enjoy the carnage!

WHICH GOAL WAS THE FIRST ONE THAT YOU CLAPPED?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Sweeney at the end. I was debating whether to clap Rooney's hat trick, but I got tangled up with a balloon floating past me.

Great fun at the end, however you look at the result.

I did enjoy an Easy chant, when Lofty scored and a "We're gonna win 6-5"

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
First time we saw Ginger Rooney in action at H Block end, second half. Mainly cos we're usually denied any kind of hot goalmouth action up our end. All the more heartwarming for the accompanying Reading-style 'Easy! Easy!' :clap2: happy-clapping. Christ knows what the Stokies made of it all :lol:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Traitors!! ;) :lol:

I have duly been supporting our local beer festival, so missed this goal fest (in the wrong direction) :( :down:

However my husband has been supporting it more than me and hopefully I will catch up after Arthur is in bed (in 5 minutes of he finishes his bottle quickly ) ;) :cool:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The third. Although i stood up when Rooney got his hat trick, what a good goal that was!

Think i embarassed myself when Loft scored though, went a bit ott:blush:

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
Withdean Wanderer said:
The third. Although i stood up when Rooney got his hat trick, what a good goal that was!

Think i embarassed myself when Loft scored though, went a bit ott:blush:

I went rather OTT, as well. It was going to be the last goal we saw until july/august/september/october so I thought I might as well enjoy it.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
their third. on the grounds that the game had turned into a comic caper par excellence and it was much more cheering to throw yourself into the madness wholeheartedly!

splendid celery scenes up our end too.
:clap: :clap:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Monsieur Leclerc said:
I have been reliably informed that can be somewhat painful. Care to shed some light on this, Roz?

Bloke goes to the doctor and says: 'Doctor you have to help me, I've got this lettuce up me bum and it really HURTS'

Doctor takes a look and says 'I'm afraid I've got some bad news for you. That's just the tip of the iceberg'

:down:

Last edited:

Bloke goes to the doctor with a fried egg in his eye and a piece of bacon hanging out of his ear.

"You've been eating badly" says the Doc.

Thank you for that one, Biscuit.

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
A bloke goes to the Dr, with a cricket ball stuck up his bottom.

"Dr, I have a cricket ball stuck up my rectum!"

"How's that?"

"Don't you start!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here