Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's your most over-rated food?

Lush

Mods' Pet
beorhthelm said:

Most Overrated food is cheese. Any Cheese. Its just smelly gone off milk with various degrees of mould ffs.

NSC sacrilege!!!!!!

I am the only person I have ever met who prefers tinned pineapple to fresh pineapple.

It's all those years of fruit cocktail with a choice of Dream Topping or tinned cream...

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I hate Chinese food, olives and oysters. All three turn my stomach over!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lush said:
I am the only person I have ever met who prefers tinned pineapple to fresh pineapple.
When did you "meet yourself" then Lush ? And who introduced you ? :lolol:

(I agree on the tinned pineapple btw...LOVE IT on cocktail sticks with cheesey chunks)

Lush

Mods' Pet
Easy 10 said:
When did you "meet yourself" then Lush ? And who introduced you ? :lolol:

(I agree on the tinned pineapple btw...LOVE IT on cocktail sticks with cheesey chunks)

Yes yes ha ha. Obviously re the tinned pineapple and cheese you really need to have the cocktail sticks stuck into the mound of half a grapefruit (the grapefruit covered in foil for posh, or if you're looking for a Millennium Dome effect).

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
One of the biggest selling snacks over here are pretzels. NOW that's overated, and bloody boring as hell.
Cheese however is class and gets it's own thread on here.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
beorhthelm said:

Most Overrated food is cheese. Any Cheese. Its just smelly gone off milk with various degrees of mould ffs.

can we ban this joker please?

agree with easy 10 on chinese. find a good one! peking duck is su-bloody-perb

but italian food dull????? what the heck

unfortuanately in blighty there are just toooo many shit restaurants. nice italian food is fantastic. and nice pizzas...ultra thin and crispy COME ON! deep pan pizzas are shite.

the one thing i hate, CAN NOT STAND is

PICKLE

:vomit:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lush said:

It's all those years of fruit cocktail with a choice of Dream Topping or tinned cream...

:wave: I love tinned pineapple.

Forget the Dream Topping or tinned cream ugh.
I can eat fruit until I fall down. I love it but forget the trimmings.

I always order fruit after a main course. I don't like any other desserts that much. They're all too sickly.

Bono

Jul 18, 2003
Buckinghamshire
Lentils
Scrambled egg
Dates
Sprouts (why are they only ever served on Christmas Day?)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Partridge, you are clearly the only joker here. Pickle is lovely, especially when refridgerated.
:p

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Lush said:
NSC sacrilege!!!!!!

Pineapple, Bananas, Kiwi fruit, Papaya, Figs. All foods I can't eat unless cooked.

I bloody love bananas, it's shit that I have to cook them to eat them.

:angry:

And as for the dissing of cheese? :ohmy:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If we're talking overrated then I think raspberries. Not that I dislike them, it's just that they're overpriced, a bit rubbery, not juicy enough and I'd rather have strawberries.

Cheese is absolutely top draw.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
like most fruit - raspberries have to be picked and eaten to be at their best.

Cooking bananas ? in foil on a barbeque just about ......... actually Barnet have you tried banana sandwiches ? fresh bread - no butter - delicious.

Let no-one say anything against cheese .................

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Theatre of Trees said:
Bombay mix

Seems to be floor sweepings from a hamster cage, goes straight through you, then suffer from multiple clingons for weeks.

Never eat this in an Indian Restaurant! This does the rounds and has so many fingers in it. It's impossible to eat without putting your hands in your mouth - think of what you could catch. It doesn't bear thinking about.

If you really want it, buy your own bag and eat it at home

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If we're talking overrated FRUITS, then once you've got past Graham Norton, I'd have to say the pomegranate.

A leather-tough skin stuffed full of little seeds, all embedded in the most sour-tasting, vile pith. Its a never-ending ORDEAL to dig the seeds out of the pith, and once you've managed it, you wonder why you bothered. Some things are simply not meant to be eaten.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Dick Knights Mum said:

Cooking bananas ? in foil on a barbeque just about ......... actually Barnet have you tried banana sandwiches ? fresh bread - no butter -

Yeah, I bloody love toasted banana sandwiches, quality. Easily made on a George Foreman grill :D

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Easy 10 said:
If we're talking overrated FRUITS, then once you've got past Graham Norton, I'd have to say the pomegranate.

A leather-tough skin stuffed full of little seeds, all embedded in the most sour-tasting, vile pith. Its a never-ending ORDEAL to dig the seeds out of the pith, and once you've managed it, you wonder why you bothered. Some things are simply not meant to be eaten.

....... when we were younger we'd sit and watch Doctor Who eating pomegranate - using a pin. That was luxury lad.

I have never got on with raw gooseberries. Okay in a crumble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here