Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's your most over-rated food?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Chinese.

Come on, be honest, when did you last have a Chinese takeaway that was anything other than gloopy MSG-soaked junk? Fine to fuel a night on the piss, but as a cuisine it's far behind Thai or Indian...

Oct 25, 2003
bhafc99 said:
Chinese.

Come on, be honest, when did you last have a Chinese takeaway that was anything other than gloopy MSG-soaked junk? Fine to fuel a night on the piss, but as a cuisine it's far behind Thai or Indian...
i really don't like chinese, all my friends love it so i end up eating it occasionally at resteraunts, f***ing hate it, give me indian anyday

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
bhafc99 said:
Chinese.

Totally agree in this country. I am a regular visitor to the USA and they don't use MSG there and the food somehow tastes much fresher.

I also went to China a couple of years ago and had Chinese Banquet twice a day for two weeks. Absolutely cracking! And the best bit was that I troughed myself silly for the whole time and yet came home having lost half a stone!

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Parma ham is georgeous especially in Italy when its cut off the bone and stuffed into a Panini with some artichokes CHOICE

Tinned Tuna and Avocado are definately overated

oh yes and Brie and camembert are totally overated

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Parmasan cheese.

Any fast food. Mcdonalds, KFC.

Pizza's in general. Their just an open sandwich thats been baked and overpriced.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Have to agree that Chinese food is overated, unadulterated rubbish. I had my worst ever meal at a Chinese in Liverpool. Absolutely shocking. Never again.

Also why all the hype about Oysters ? They are disgusting. I just don't get it.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Everest said:
Chips & gravy :lolol:

Gravy is fine but chips are nasty tasting things, ugh - I really can't understand why they're so popular!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
zefarelly said:
Caviar, Lobster, oysters

KFC etc isnt even food really so It cant be rated or slated :eek:

I have to say we made Venison Bourginoign (sp?) yesterday, as opposed to using beef . . . . .fecking fantastic it was, with some organic veg from the farmers market and a bottle of Claret :clap2: :p
hope you caramelised the baby onions and put streaky bacon (crispey) and deglaced with decent red wine

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Lush said:
They say that in every successful relationship there's an olive lover and a olive hater.

Spooky :ohmy:

Me and olives :censored:
Mrs Pasty and olives :love:

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
Beef Steak.... is overated, for the price you pay , i like steak but it aint that good . give me gammon steak anyday. much cheaper and tastier in my opinion.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
The thing with Olives is that no one likes them first time.

You have to train your taste buds to overcome the sourness.

Once you do, they're fantastic.

Over-rated food?

Any gamey meat.

Rabbit, Pheasant, Grouse etc.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Mr Popkins said:
Beef Steak.... is overated, for the price you pay , i like steak but it aint that good . give me gammon steak anyday. much cheaper and tastier in my opinion.

get your steak from canhams in hove you might change your mind....best butchers in brighton (& hove)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Parma ham is georgeous especially in Italy when its cut off the bone and stuffed into a Panini with some artichokes CHOICE

Stuffed into a book of footy stickers, yuk, you can keep that!.

Over rated, would have to be anything that looks good, but makes you still want a zinger meal, afterwards.
I'm soooooo classy!.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Both Mrs Gwylan and I love olives....does that mean our relationship isn't successful?:(

I must say that I've never understood why people go wild over truffles. They're OK, but not worth paying ridiculous sums of money for.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I cannot BELIEVE the slagging Chinese is getting on here. All I can say is that there are good and bad Chinese takeaways, but once you find a good one, you'll never look back. I get a semi-on just thinking about crispy aromatic duck with pancake rolls, or chicken & cashew nuts in mandarin sauce.

And as for lobster - no way is that stuff overrated. I totally pigged out on it at my cousins wedding - there was a seemingly limitless supply of it, and I almost passed out on tastebud pleasure overload. I still go a bit misty now just thinking about it.

Overrated stuff.....ANYTHING Italian. Bland pasta shells with cheese sauce and bits of ham chopped in that costs about £1.50 to make but they charge £11.95 for and call it "Canneloni Bollini" or something. Or those SHITTY thin-based pizzas that amount to a bit of pastry with tomato sauce smeared on the top. Italian food has to be the DULLEST food on the planet.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Chinese is alright for take away, but its pretty poor food to sit down in a restraunt. Parma ham is the dogs.

Most Overrated food is cheese. Any Cheese. Its just smelly gone off milk with various degrees of mould ffs.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
beorhthelm said:
Most Overrated food is cheese. Any Cheese. Its just smelly gone off milk with various degrees of mould ffs.
You take your life into your hands dissing cheese on THIS messageboard...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here