Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's your favourite match against the scum?

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
There's been some corkers over the years. 1st game of the season in 1974 with Spider's winner (biggest crowd I'd been in up to that point), the McShane game, the 1-1 on 2nd April 85 (my 21st) when Hughton broke Ryan's leg (and we spent most of the game kicking the terrace into pieces & lobbing at them), the 3-0 Christmas Day.

My favourite was home in 75/76 season with 33,000 in the ground, night game, smoke bombs and fog everywhere, OB & dogs going into the South every 5 minutes where the majority of them were, and a 2-0 win with both goals being scored by a striker who's surname began with M. An omen for tonight perhaps?

What's your favourite?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
that was my first game watching Brighton in 1974.

Anyone remember waving fivers at Rachid harkhouk?

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
I remember having great banter about all things BHA with your brother during the late 70's. He had this particular thing about Harry Bloom, as I recall!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I have a hazy memories of a few from the 80s, but it has to be the McShane game for me.

Going nuts at the goal, and the final whistle, and I still grin remembering the moment they thought they'd equalised but we'd all seen the offside flag go up!

Less said about 0-5 the better.

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
For me has to be my first away game at Scumhurst - 26th December 1983, 2-0 win with Danny Wilson and Neil Smillie getting the goals. All the sweeter because:

A) A boxing day win
B) Just to rub salt in the wound Smillie was of course ex-Palace.

:lolol: :clap:

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
The 2 I saw in the 70's were pretty special, massive crowds, huge rivalry, and 2 very close games.

10/76 1-1 27,306
10/77 1-1 28,208

I have loved every game against them apart from the obvious away hammering.

Seen us beat them so many times, need to add another one to that list tonight!

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
My favourite was home in 75/76 season with 33,000 in the ground, night game, smoke bombs and fog everywhere, OB & dogs going into the South every 5 minutes where the majority of them were, and a 2-0 win with both goals being scored by a striker who's surname began with M. An omen for tonight perhaps?

What's your favourite?

That was my first ever Albion match, when I was 10. January 1976, I think. In the north stand. It was Sammy Morgan who scored the two goals.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Mcshane, decent gap since last played (also won £2500) Not missed one home or away since 79, EVERY one has something happen

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
I cannot remember the year or the result. All I remember was standing in the North stand watching it kick off !! The game had been playing some 5 minutes before I noticed that they had even started the game. Also remember running through peoples gardens off Hove park after the game.

Must have been 1981/82 ??? May have even been 84/85.

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
There's been some corkers over the years. 1st game of the season in 1974 with Spider's winner (biggest crowd I'd been in up to that point), the McShane game, the 1-1 on 2nd April 85 (my 21st) when Hughton broke Ryan's leg (and we spent most of the game kicking the terrace into pieces & lobbing at them), the 3-0 Christmas Day.

What's your favourite?
Sammy Morgan - brilliant atmosphere and result.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
when referee Kelvin Morton awarded five:ohmy: penalties during our match with Palace in Easter 1989. The Seagulls had already beaten Palace 3-1 on Boxing Day.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
er! the one where gregory2smith1,up there in the old div1,kept kicking off throughout the game,the third a bullet header from smith

also one on boxing day at the goldstone,i think it was 3-1,gary chivers scored for sure,but they had wright and bright up front and what they were gonna do was nobody's business,even ther goal was a mistake by keeley

and the sammy morgan one,mentioned a few times,i think he had played half a dozen games for us without scoring,then gets 2 against the scum,instant legend!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
when referee Kelvin Morton awarded five:ohmy: penalties during our match with Palace in Easter 1989. The Seagulls had already beaten Palace 3-1 on Boxing Day.

Was it really Easter, I thought that was on New Years Day.....What a game that was and I seem to recall we had a player sent off.....and who cant forget the Henry Houghton game when had broke Gerry's leg in two places and basicly ended his career.?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here