Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's your favourite channel (terrestrial channels only)

Favourite TV Channel

• BBC One

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • BBC Two

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • ITV

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Channel 4

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Channel 5

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Being a skint bastard i can't afford sky or freeview so i have to make do with the 5 channels available on 'normal' tele.

What's your favourite channel?

BBC One is okay, i don't really watch Eastenders anymore though, it's gone a bit shit.

BBC Two is good, i enjoy University Challenge, Coupling, The Simpsons and TOTP 2.

ITV is okay too, the footie, Monkey Workd and TV's Naughtiest Blunders are it's saving grace, i find watching ITV is a bit too pikey for my liking.

Channel 4 is probably my favourite channel although Scrapheap Challenge has just finished so it's gone down a bit in my estimations but it still has Hollyoaks, 4Music and Ed on it's books. I also believe Channel 4 news to be the best.

Channel 5 is cool, the films on Sunday and Family Affairs are both must see events is Casa de Chappers and if i'm skiving off work i also like to catch The Wright Stuff, i like the way he scrunches his face up when he laughs.

How's about you lot?

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Sorry Chappers with out cable you are a wash in a drizzel of 2nd rate TV,

Sin Cities on Bravo, Damn I want that gig :clap:

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
bbc2 or c4 for the good stuff.

channel 5 does have all the sportif action though.

hockey, baseball and yankee football to keep you entertained in the middle of the night :clap:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Raphael Meade said:

hockey, baseball and yankee football to keep you entertained in the middle of the night :clap:

I watched some of this "Iced Hockeying" the other night, seems the aim of the "game" is to skate as fast as possible into one another whilst trying to hit a Black Pudding into the goal area.

Was actually pretty cool, would'nt mind going to a live match.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
CrabtreeBHA said:
I watched some of this "Iced Hockeying" the other night, seems the aim of the "game" is to skate as fast as possible into one another whilst trying to hit a Black Pudding into the goal area.

watching it on tele dont compare to the real thing. is amazing watching it live, really worth it if your ever stateside.. :clap:

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
ITV is a pile of shite. Honourable exception to Life Begins. The news on ITV should really be called Hello! TV - complete nonsense. Full of contrived programmes with titles from Carlton like "when TV reporters from hell/it shouldn't happen to a news anchorman blah blah blah...." The person I hate most on it is Steve Penk. Smarmy prick who thinks he's funny. Bring back Dennis "if you're one of these people" Norden.

BBC for me with occasional viewing on Channel 4.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I've ditched Sky after 10 years - 100's of channels with mostly shit on all of them. Just terrestial now and only 5 channels of shit to chose from.

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
Good for....

BBC 1 for 7 to 8:30 viewing (Eastenders, Bargain Hunt and Changing Rooms (wasn't on last night tho :( )

BBC 2 is for 6 to 6:25/50 (Simpsons, Fresh Prince (optional if bored of Hollyoaks)) plus sometimes has good stuff on later...office repeats and other comedy.

ITV - ??? erm......??? price ladder or some shit...it's rubbish!

C4 from 9:30/10 till sleep Garth Marenghi's Darkplace, Father Ted, Sex in the City, Graham Norton, Friends etc..... Scrubs

c4's the winner but no footie ever....

by the way did anyone watch premierships top 10 goals? I bet there's already a thread for this. Sky one sorry Chappers

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
ITV is by far the worst channel on normal telly. I still haven't forgiven them for what they did to the Football League. :censored:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Jambo Seagull said:
ITV is a pile of shite. Honourable exception to Life Begins.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Life Begins is ace, and obviously the footy, but the rest of ITV is a bag of shite. Come to think of it, I like Frost. Oh and Midsomer Murders and I'll watch The Last Detective.

The only thing I seem to watch on BBC these days is the FA Cup and Jonathan Creek. Eastenders is unbelievably poor.

Channel 4 & 5 are both worthwhile. I'm quite impressed with 5 considering it's budget. It has UEFA footy, the odd good movie, sport at night times and SHAGGING.

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
CrabtreeBHA said:

I went to see the London Knights last year and it was f***ing QUALITY! Only down side is the fans arnt as passionate as football fans. Best bit is when it kicks off (fighting) The ref stops the game, the music comes on (da da da da daaa) and they go for it. Even better is when the 'loser' gets grief! Good fun, worth a day out.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The only thing that lets channel 4 down is the fact that Graham Norton still has a job on tv. I hate him.

Brady's Old Lady

Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Pethick's Haircut said:
ITV is by far the worst channel on normal telly. I still haven't forgiven them for what they did to the Football League. :censored:

Also the advert breaks are so long and frequent, I lose track of what's happening in the program I'm watching.

Is anyone else p:censored: ed off that a lot of good BBC progs seem to go to BBC3 or 4 first! I don't want to get a bloody freeview box. What the f:censored: k do I pay my license fee for?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Brady's Old Lady said:
Also the advert breaks are so long and frequent, I lose track of what's happening in the program I'm watching.

Is anyone else p:censored: ed off that a lot of good BBC progs seem to go to BBC3 or 4 first! I don't want to get a bloody freeview box. What the f:censored: k do I pay my license fee for?

Too right, it sems those who don't want a freeview box get shafted. We apy our licence fee which then pays for stuff we don't have access to.

Stupid.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The freeview channels show experimental stuff. If it's any good, you mortals get to see it at a later date.
I have Sky, so my life is pretty easy really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here