Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats your favourite Beach Boys song?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Saw a great documentary on them the other night, did'nt realise all THAT had happened to them, anyway it was great to hear the classics (I have a few punk version as you might expect) and my all time fave, Sloop John B.

whats yours?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Good Vibrations - changes in tempo and key are brilliant along with the harmonies.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Don't rate them. A lot of it is style over content and showing off. They seem to get hyped up by the yanks to give them something to challenge the Beatles and Stones.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Trader - off the Holland album

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Voroshilov said:
Don't rate them. A lot of it is style over content and showing off. They seem to get hyped up by the yanks to give them something to challenge the Beatles and Stones.

That was the Monkees. They even selected Davy Jones because he was from Liverpool.

The Beach Boys ran concurrently with the Beatles and Stones.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Yorkie said:
That was the Monkees. They even selected Davy Jones because he was from Liverpool.

Eh?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Voroshilov said:

The Byrds did that and probably influenced the Beatles more than the other way round.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Yorkie said:

No I know who the difference between the Monkeys and the Beach Boys. I quite like the Monkey's, in a harmless manufactured pop kind of a way. as for the Beach Boys, a band so phoney it's image was based on a sport only one of them had the remotest idea about well take your over produced pap and stick it.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
ChapmansThe Saviour said:

Voroshilov intimated that the Beach Boys were 'invented' by the Yanks because they were jealous of the success of the Beatles and Stones.

The Beach Boys were having success at exactly the same time as them

The Monkees were invented by the Yanks through jealousy. The world's first boy band.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Yorkie said:
Voroshilov intimated that the Beach Boys were 'invented' by the Yanks because they were jealous of the success of the Beatles and Stones.

The Beach Boys were having success at exactly the same time as them

The Monkees were invented by the Yanks through jealousy. The world's first boy band.

No he wasn't, he was hinting at the fact that Americans hype the Beach Boys up as a band because the were the only band in America at the time writing music that could rival it when in fact they were nowhere near as talented as the Beatles (when the Beatles broke America the Beach Boys stopped selling so many records). Nothing to do with the Monkees.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Oh well, I misunderstood his post then and still do :rolleyes:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I also think he was saying that the Americans still think that way. Personally I prefer the Beach Boys to the Beatles.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I like that warmth of the sun tune even if you listen to in the middle of winter it makes you feel warm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here