Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's you Fav Mash Dish

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I Like the good old Traditional Mash mixed with Salt and Pepper, Butter and Milk, but often throw in a load of Horseradish for a bit more bite?

And others got different Ideas?:goal:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Add to the mash fine chopped onion and red pepper , tip out mash in to a large oven dish spread out evenly sprinkle top with grated cheese pop in the oven 180 until golden brown , serve with cumberland sausage , yum

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
I have always used black peper in my mash but have recently discovered that it is much better with white pepper.

Def like the horseradish option....also partial to a bit of colcannon.

Saw a welsh dish on the hairy bikers programme the other day. Was creamy mash mixed with leeks as the base....then a layer of sliced hard boiled eggs....topped off with a nice thick cheese sauce then baked....looked delicious.

Have also taken to putting the spuds through a potato ricer and then whipping them up with a hand blender....gives the smoothest lovely mash I have ever had.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Roast lamb and mash.

When you've nearly finished, all that's left is a final dollop of mash, and minty lamb flavoured gravy.

Happy days

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
im hungry

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Season with Salt & Pepper. Add some butter or margarine. Then some milk to make it creamy, and a dash of olive oil. Finally mix in some crushed garlic.
Serve with premium sausages, onion gravy, and loads of fried onions. Mmmmm.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
It's the Champ route for me.

Add butter, chopped spring onions, chives, loads of small cubes of mature cheddar and some black pepper to your mash at the end of cooking. Job's a good 'un.

May not be so popular for the people around you who have to put up with your breath afterwards, but it's still worth it.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Mustard mash a touch of Roquefort blue cheese, butchers choice lincolnshire sausages and onion gravy..... oh yeah

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here