Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats the problem?

What is our main problem?

• Total voters

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
To be honest I can see why Slade has been getting some stick. The players have to share the blame. There are too many negative players too set in thier ways who wont change thier attitude. That knocks off onto the newer players. Alas like a row of dominos. The seasons clear out should have seen a few more faces go. Murray should be shipped out come January, along with that complete donkey that is Hawkins. Smith should be given a look in, giving Kuipers more competition. Tweedle dum and Tweedle Dee coaching staff should have also f***ed off back to non-league. I honestly feel that loanees are going to be a viable option come November. I predict more suspensions and injuries.:US:

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
All of the above plus discipline, managerial selections and tactics, rub of the green, consistency, injuries and confidence. No one thing I'm afraid.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Also how many players have played in every game....i think its 1 and that is Crofts....for me there has been too much chopping and changing and the team have been unable to get settled or used to each other....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There are too many negative players too set in thier ways who wont change thier attitude. That knocks off onto the newer players. Alas like a row of dominos.

Not sure I follow. Which players are you referring to, and in what ways are they showing a negative attitude ?

Anyway, for my two penneth, I have two main reasons:

1. I think the fact we've not managed to field a settled back four (for a variety of reasons) is one of the root causes of our problems this season. Too much chopping and changing at the back, and as a result, we don't have a solid look about us.

2. I think we lack leadership on the pitch, and that has been the case for a number of seasons now. There doesn't seem to be any big personalitys out there to rally the team when heads drop. Certainly not Virgo anyway, christ knows what he is doing with the armband.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
Not sure I follow. Which players are you referring to, and in what ways are they showing a negative attitude ?

1. I think the fact we've not managed to field a settled back four (for a variety of reasons) is one of the root causes of our problems this season. Too much chopping and changing at the back, and as a result, we don't have a solid look about us.

2. I think we lack leadership on the pitch, and that has been the case for a number of seasons now. There doesn't seem to be any big personalitys out there to rally the team when heads drop. Certainly not Virgo anyway, christ knows what he is doing with the armband.

I think it's primarily down to the defence - losing all our fullbacks is not the way to build. I do agree with you about needing a leader or two in the team as well.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
1st 2

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
manager being too nice.

Preston Parker

Sep 21, 2008
Hmmm, have a guess

Entirely agree. Free Virgo of the captaincy and hand it to someone who is able to lead (but don't ask me who that is right now)
I believe that Virgo has a place in this team, but it is patently obvious that he does not have the leadership skills or experience to move us on up.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm now convinced a lot of it is to do with the pre-season. We play like shit with all these new random players and trialists against all these non-league local clubs and tell ourselves that, hey, it doesn't really matter its only an extended training session. Then we hit the league proper and realise that, technically, yes, we ARE in fact shit and we don't have the players to produce the goods. Less non-league pre-season games from now on please.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The threesome of Kuipers/Virgo/Elphick. 1 maybe 2 are alright on their own but all 3 together is a disaster. Hopefully change will be made soon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here