Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the most nerve-wracking thing you've ever done?

Apart from every time I get on a plane, for me it was walking out to sing on my own in front of nearly 2,000 people at the Congress Theatre in Eastbourne when I was 16. Definitely a pant-filling experience at first, but a bloody amazing one as well.

What have you done that's really made you SHIT yourself (but ultimately feel good for)?

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Good Thread Mr Safeway.
I went walking in the Lake District when I was 16 and went rock scrambling. I hate heights at the best of times and there were at least 3 occasions as we were climbing up with massive rucksacks on our backs that I thought this was it. I was resigned do dying. At the end I did a Stusrt Pearce like celebration.
Last year I had my first flying lesson. I still hate heights but love planes and taxi-ing down the runway in a 2 seater sesna where you feel every bump is nerve racking. Flying it over Wycombe's ground giving them the 2 fingers was very satisfying

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Beat me to it, Berkshire. I was drunk and mildly offensive, and the wedding video makes me cringe. I've got it saved on WORD at home, might have another look at it tonight.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Playing at the Concorde 2, horrible back stage it was !!!

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Easy 10 said:
Beat me to it, Berkshire. I was drunk and mildly offensive, and the wedding video makes me cringe. I've got it saved on WORD at home, might have another look at it tonight.

post it:lolol:

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
Hmmm, taking my driving test was awful. As was taking a penalty in front of the north satnd in a half-time shoot-out during the game vs Cardiff (3rd to last game at the Goldstone I think). Very scary with sooo many people watching, I've got it on tape and I'm sure it was a sell out, even though Belloti said the attendance was something like 8000.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Going down a Red run on my first ever snowboard lesson. Quick impression

"you're serious - down there - on that?"
"OK then"
"Ohhhhhh shhhiiiiiiiittttttttt"
BUMP - "arrrgggh"
BUMP - "arrrgggh"
BUMP - "arrrgggh"
BUMP - "arrrgggh"
BUMP - "arrrgggh"
"Ohhhhhh shhhiiiiiiiittttttttt"
BUMP - "arrrgggh"
BUMP - "arrrgggh"
5 minutes later.....

"That was great can we go again?"

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Jumping off this...

bungee

If you look closely you can see tiny, tiny people in the middle of the shot, giving a sense of scale.

Didn't get any easier the fourth time I jumped, especially after we found out someone died nearby a year before because someone had attached the wrong length bungee rope. :lolol:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Easy 10 said:
Yeah that would be fun to see:p
I f***ed up on my last speech big time as never wrote a speech out etc,so i had about 8 straight whiskys and was goner make a blunt quick speech,but then her posh old man came over with 50 odd cards to read out.:lolol: :lolol:

Anyway i blabbed pure shit and everyone watched in horror as i read the cards out in a very low voice very quickly and was about to exsplode with red-ness grrrrrrrr.:censored:

The mate said why i was as i was and i said i didn't want to be best man in the 1st place as don't like being the centre of attention full stop.:clap2:

Turned down one last year and never again thats for sure:drink:

The Famous Grouse

Dec 9, 2003
Mine was doing snowboarding jumps in front of loads of other boarders. They were watching us...I had never done such a large jump and needed to carry far more speed into it, I wa really nervous..but turned out really well. :clap2:

:shootself: Going skydiving soon tho..That will b fun :angel:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here