Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's that Cheap Trainer shop up Hollingbury called?? You know, the pikey one...

H2O

Jul 27, 2004
Hove
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I wanna get me some cheap nike air max and I reckon they do them there.

Snort me out.

That shop isnt even cheap try mandmsports.com loads of bargains on there!!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: What's that Cheap Trainer shop up Hollingbury called?? You know, the pikey one...

H2O said:
That shop isnt even cheap try mandmsports.com loads of bargains on there!!

That would be good if it had more trainers and more sizes available.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Perry Milkins said:
Do they still have a sports shop in the Open Market?

Is AA Bakers still in London Road?

What about Swift Sports?

Do they still have anything in the Open Market?

AA Bakers is long gone - it's a bike shop now.

Amazingly, Swift Sports is still there, and it has the same shopfront as it had in the 60s

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Gwylan said:
Do they still have anything in the Open Market?

AA Bakers is long gone - it's a bike shop now.

Amazingly, Swift Sports is still there, and it has the same shopfront as it had in the 60s

Thanks Gwyl...

Aaah happy memories. I had a german girlfriend who lived in a flat above Swift Sports.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
A A Baker. That takes me back. I used to get all my Subbuteo stuff in there. Great shop.

Swift Sports (along with David Rose) is the best sports shop when you are looking for advice from knowledgeable staff. You go into the sports shops in Churchill Square or Western Road, and you get dealt with by some spotty Cro-Magnon throwback who can only grunt in reply 'dunno mate'.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Large One said:
A A Baker. That takes me back. I used to get all my Subbuteo stuff in there. Great shop.

Swift Sports (along with David Rose) is the best sports shop when you are looking for advice from knowledgeable staff. You go into the sports shops in Churchill Square or Western Road, and you get dealt with by some spotty Cro-Magnon throwback who can only grunt in reply 'dunno mate'.

I went to one of those new-style 'sports' shops. I asked for some cricket boots, from the look of disgust on the sales assistant's face, anyone would think I'd asked for a blow-job.

I've never seen a sports shop with so little sporting gear.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Large One said:

John Edwards Sports in Lewes, known as Intersport Lewes is the Daddy!

And John is a hell of a nice bloke

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I wanna get me some cheap nike air max

Why? Panther are the best closely followed by Dunlop Greenflash.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: What's that Cheap Trainer shop up Hollingbury called?? You know, the pikey one...

Rangdo said:
Why? Panther are the best closely followed by Dunlop Greenflash.

Air MAx are f***ing BOSS.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Re: Re: Re: What's that Cheap Trainer shop up Hollingbury called?? You know, the pike

Air MAx are f***ing BOSS.

They're not as good as those black plimsoles I used to wear for PE aat primary school. They were boss. They didn't even have laces. Elastic instead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here