Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's better - Potato Waffles or Oven Chips??

Waffles or Oven Chips??

• Potato Waffles - They are better

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Oven Chips - I prefer CHIPS

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Neither - I can't decide coz I'm a right thick TWAT

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I am a dedicated fan of Potato waffles and much prefer them to chips because they cook evenly and taste great. Chips can be very hit or miss, especially these 'American Style' ones you can get nowadays which tend to burn or go all soggy.

A nicely cooked potato waffle will be nice and crispy on the outside and really quite fluffy on the inside, a delight to eat. Chips are boring and predictable and are rarely a treat, howver chips and cheese is a graet little snack especially is you have got some Feta in.

What's you reckon, Chips of Waffles??

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Which ones go better with gravy?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
mmm tricky, chips are ace with mayo, but then I would have to go for waffles due to variety of flavoured toppings....

:p

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Waffles rule over oven chips.

There's an ongoing arguement in my house as the mrs likes chips but not waffles. When I try and explain that waffles are simply a load of chips stuck together she'll have none of it. Who's right?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Im getting back into potato waffles as my little boy has them, but i still lean towards chips at the moment !

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Waffles definitely. Although oven cooked curly fries are rather good.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
80's Seagull said:
Waffles rule over oven chips.

There's an ongoing arguement in my house as the mrs likes chips but not waffles. When I try and explain that waffles are simply a load of chips stuck together she'll have none of it. Who's right?

What are you on about?? Waffles aren't, 'simply a load of chips stuck together'!! They are completely different! The consistency of waffles is so much different to the chips, they are 'rougher' if you will whereas chips are processed to the extreme.

Choose Waffles, for a potatoier (?) treat.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Waffles are great, end of

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
chips and gravy said:
Which ones go better with gravy?

Chips.... mmmmmmmmmmm with gravy... mmmmmmmmmm
(add a pasty with that and you're in heaven)

CAG - do you find some of the chippys in Worthing look at you like you're mad when you ask for chips 'n' gravy? When I was back from Briz last, asking for anything other than vinegar or curry sauce seemed to be frowned upon. How very wrong!

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
My local chippy in Clifton Road does gravy, as does Chipwick. Never had a problem getting it here!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Oven chips are disgusting! Waffles ARE better but our traditional English dishes such as kebabs, fried fish and curry all need chips.

I tend to buy the curry from the curry shop then go to the chippy for the actual chips.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I do Delia chips. Thick cut potatoes, dry, coat in Olive Oil, then top of the oven for 20 minutes on 200c.

Nice and easy and soooooo much more tasty than oven chips.

Does that count as potato waffle ?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
wedges surely

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Dick Knights Mum said:
I do Delia chips. Thick cut potatoes, dry, coat in Olive Oil, then top of the oven for 20 minutes on 200c.

Nice and easy and soooooo much more tasty than oven chips.

Does that count as potato waffle ?

No, a waffle must have a criss cross affect. What you are eating is a chip for sure.

Sounds nice though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here