Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Ashley Young

Votes: 47 82.5%
  • Stuart Downing

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Lennon and Walcott are the same player, promise and shite final ball.

They are just blokes that can run fast that have been told to kick a ball in front of them whilst doing it.

Chamberlain looks promising though, although I'd be worried about burning him out.

Oh, if only Bale was English :down:

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Walcott is much better than Lennon. But it's not saying too much.

Really? No way. Walcott is utter shit, Lennon on the other hand is shit, although he has been playing better for Tottenham recently.

I think Lennon has way more end product than Walcott, more dangerous on the ball also.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Really? No way. Walcott is utter shit, Lennon on the other hand is shit, although he has been playing better for Tottenham recently.

I think Lennon has way more end product than Walcott, more dangerous on the ball also.

How many assists do you think Walcott has provided for Van Persie this season? And I'm fairly sure Walcott has popped up with double figures for goals too, he contributes an awful lot more than Lennon. I'm not saying Walcott is a world class right winger, far from it, but he's the better option of the two. Unless you like the sort of player who should be better technically, but doesn't actually contribute anything other than looking like a good player.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
How many assists do you think Walcott has provided for Van Persie this season? And I'm fairly sure Walcott has popped up with double figures for goals too, he contributes an awful lot more than Lennon. I'm not saying Walcott is a world class right winger, far from it, but he's the better option of the two. Unless you like the sort of player who should be better technically, but doesn't actually contribute anything other than looking like a good player.

That is a fair point. I've just never been a Walcott fan, probably the most frustrating player to watch in the Premiership. Either way, Johnson would be my choice over those 2.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
That is a fair point. I've just never been a Walcott fan, probably the most frustrating player to watch in the Premiership. Either way, Johnson would be my choice over those 2.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of either of them. I prefer the more technical players to the speed merchants, it's very rare you have a lightning quick winger who actually has technical ability. I would still be playing Beckham to be honest. Kyle Walker bombing up the wing behind him would give Becks the space and time to whip crosses on to the head of Andy Carroll. If only.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
To be honest, I'm not a fan of either of them. I prefer the more technical players to the speed merchants, it's very rare you have a lightning quick winger who actually has technical ability. I would still be playing Beckham to be honest. Kyle Walker bombing up the wing behind him would give Becks the space and time to whip crosses on to the head of Andy Carroll. If only.

This. Always said Beckham deserves a place in the England team. His ball distribution is unbelievable and when he is on the pitch, England play better.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This. Always said Beckham deserves a place in the England team. His ball distribution is unbelievable and when he is on the pitch, England play better.

I don't like it when people agree with me, so I'm going to spice it up a bit now.

Joe Hart should be dropped in favour of Scott Carson. :dunce:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Walcott is much better than Lennon. But it's not saying too much.

Walcott has learnt nothing in 6 years. He has pace but little else. Just look at how Oxo-Chambermaid had progressed in his short time something Walcott has not done at all.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I don't like it when people agree with me.

Don't panic - NOBODY is going to agree with the Andy Carroll part.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Matt Jarvis is a far far better player than AOC. Surely anyone that watches Arsenal knows just how over rated he is, he's yet to do anything at Arsenal, simply filling the gaps due to a lack of wingers. Amount of times he's lost the ball and almost cost Arsenal on the counter attack!

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Lennon (slightly better delivery than Walcott in recent months). AOC, Joe Cole, Ashley Young.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Matt Jarvis is a far far better player than AOC. Surely anyone that watches Arsenal knows just how over rated he is, he's yet to do anything at Arsenal, simply filling the gaps due to a lack of wingers. Amount of times he's lost the ball and almost cost Arsenal on the counter attack!

Jarvis has been below par for most the season for Wolves, especially compared to his performances last season. He certainly isn't Euro's standard. Plus AOC is what 18? (correct me if i am wrong) and his first season in the Premiership, give him a few more seasons he'll be quality.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Jarvis has been below par for most the season for Wolves, especially compared to his performances last season. He certainly isn't Euro's standard. Plus AOC is what 18? (correct me if i am wrong) and his first season in the Premiership, give him a few more seasons he'll be quality.

In a few more seasons, yes, but this is a major tournament and we want to do well. Save players like that for friendlies, that's what they're for. He's made 6 yes SIX Premier League starts for christs sake. Jarvis has scored 7 goals in the league for the worst team in the league, and has taken some of the better full backs apart at times. Oxlade-Chamberlain loses the ball FAR too often to be a success at the Euros.
To throw someone into competitive international football after 6 starts is ludacrous. Added to the fact he's not good enough.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I completely disagree with you:thumbsup:

Sanity restored. :clap2:

Don't panic - NOBODY is going to agree with the Andy Carroll part.

I would take him and play him. It's a bit shout, I know, but what options do we have? Danny Welbeck? Behave. It will either be Carroll, or Hodgson will be brave and take Grant Holt. I, personally, would prefer Holt, but I suspect Carroll will get the nod.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here