Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I think they have been fined before so expect the same this time.
It won't be much though.

What I would like to happen is that they either lose their World Cup points or get banned from it.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Sweet F.A , couple of grand fine and a slapped wrist

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Nothing.

Its the Ultras Sur, they work with the club and police over there.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Nothing. They might get a fine but the problem with that is that it doesn't affect the fans. A points deduction from the world cup groups would be much more effective. It'll never happen though.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Whatever they get, it won't be enough.:angry:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Nothing, now if it was English fans then we would have been kicked out the football, cricket and rugby world cup before the weekend.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Jesus Gul said:
they will lose the 2012 Olympic bid

They won't-but should as I said elsewhere last night. Unfortunately, the IOC is the most corrupt Sports Body in the world so the Spanish Bid will bung 'em a few million Euros and they'll get the games. That's how top level sport works these days. If it didn't, Toronto would have been given the 2008 games instead of Beijing. Possibly THE most multi-cultural city in the world overlooked in favour of the capital of a country with an appalling human rights record.

The Spaniards were out of order but nothing will happen to them-nobody in authority has the bottle to reprimand them.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
They'll get a totally inadequate fine and a warning about future conduct. FIFA and UEFA are great on talk but hopeless on action.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I don't think they will lose the Olympic bid, look at where it is going in 2008, Beijing, the Chinese have one of the worst human rights records on Earth. The Chinese still have and regularly use the death penalty, there is no right of appeal, if found guilty you are taken away and executed immediately.

Will the IOC dismiss a bid from Madrid because of a little bit of racist abuse against black England players, I don't think they will, just like FIFA and UEFA they seem oblivious to what is happening in different parts of the World and its detrimental effect on sport.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Starry said:
Nothing.

Its the Ultras Sur, they work with the club and police over there.
starry is right they have a place in the stadium where they always go,4.00 a ticket,these are the same people beckham hugs when he scores

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Certainly not much will happen to them, on the other hand if England fans were racially abusing the Spanish you just KNOW we'd be in deep, deep shit.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
What amazes me most is not that nothing will be done about the supporters but that nothing has been done by UEFA or FIFA following the racist remarks of their manager. Surely the example is set from the very top.

It is very harsh to punish the team for the actions of a section of the crowd but perhaps the team should not indugle them quite so much. Would it hurt for the Spanish players to come out and say something about it?

The main problem is as far as I can see is that as a society the Spanish are still behind ourselves as far as racism is concerned. Where as during the 1980s we had an influx of people from ethnic minorities both attending matches and playing, causing racism to dilute and thankfully begin petering out, in Spain there are few ethnic minorities who get involved in football and certainly less then in this country meaning there is less pressure to remove it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here