Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was the FIRST ever *CD* you acquired?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I just ask as I looked in my collection and saw Erotica by Madonna that I bought in about '94, and it reminded me when I bought it I didn't even own a CD player, until a Uni pal lent me the required wonga...

I think CDs came out in the late 80's, as Dire Straight's 'Brothers in Arms' on CD was reputed to be owned by 1/3 of all CD player owners at the time...

So what was your first CD?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Love Over Gold - Dire Straits
Flesh + Blood - Roxy Music

Bought them the same day as my first CD player. Nobody else I knew owned a CD player at the time.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
This is Big Audio Dynamite in 1985.
I also bought something else at the same time but I cannot remember what.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Steve Winwood - Chronicles - 1987

Still listen to it as well :thumbsup:

scooter1

How soon is now?
I won a bunch of entirely forgettable CD's in a BBC Sussex competition I didn't even know i'd entered. I then went and bought a CD player from Dixons on the never never for £7 a month. After 4 months I realised i'd paid £25 in interest and £3 off the CD player - something had to change quickly so I "borrowed" the balance of the debt from my mum(who never saw the money again bless her). I've still got the CD's, i'm such a hoarder- but i've no idea who they're by

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i think it might have been Aphex Twin's Girl/Boy EP. it was all cassettes back then so you could play em in the car.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Brothers in Arms!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Billy Idol Songs 11 of the Best

Billy_Idol_-_Idol_Songs_11_Of_The_Best_CD_album_cover.jpg

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I bought two: a Sly and Robbie CD. Can't remember its name (although it's around somewhere) and a CD of baroque music conducted by Trevor Pinnock - which I still play a lot as my little boy likes it.

Bought my CD player on hire purchase in 1986, can't remember what I paid for it though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here