Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What waas your best ever season?

FOR ME IT WAS 76/77 SEASON! THOSE CLASSIC FA CUP GAMES AGAINST PALACE ENDING AT STAMFORD BRIDGE! Then the league cup beating top clubs ipswich and west brom drawing at home to the mighty derby in front of over 33,000 goldstone fans,plus fantastic league form and at the right age to enjoy it! peter ward! bumper crowds and punk rock! what a time! and starting work at amex £105 a month! let the good times roll!:moo:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Good one! Mine is 90/91 as I really caught the buzz then. Almost turning over a BRILLIANT Liverpool side only to be beaten by a bit of class from Ian Rush in the FA Cup replay. Great times.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
78/79 The almost-made-it season. We had come from nowhere to the brink of the top flight and everyone was in dreamland. Amazing buzz at the Goldstone for the last few games. Could be the same at the Amex this season?!!

Last edited:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Until last year, 92-93. My first season, started losing every week in front of crowds of 6000, in comes Liam Brady (with Dickov etc) and crowds of 14k and some cracking games.

Sep 20, 2005
The protest season at The Goldstone was unbeatable.

Every game was an unknown entity...protests, pitch invasions, fireworks, walkouts, singing Build a Bonfire, actual bonfires in the North Stand, boycotts, handcuffs, liberating the East Stand, sit-downs, whistles and, the creme de la creme, the 4-4 against Orient....easily the most amazing football match I've ever witnessed.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Good one! Mine is 90/91 as I really caught the buzz then. Almost turning over a BRILLIANT Liverpool side only to be beaten by a bit of class from Ian Rush in the FA Cup replay. Great times.

This. Whilst i had been following a couple of seasons before this was the most successful in terms of league position!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Have to agree with 76/77 - some of the footy we played was sublime and of course Wardy broke that record.

FloridaGull

Aug 17, 2011
For me it was my first season as a Brighton fan. 1957-58, culminating in a 6-0 victory over Watford (5 of them from Adrian Thorne) to clinch promotion to Division Two (as it was then called). Second favorite? This season!!!

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Another for 76-77. The last home game at the Goldstone v Sheff Wed was still probably the greatest game ive ever been to. Often chat to Andy Rollings about that season.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
For me it was the season we got promoted from Div 3 beating Bristol Rovers last game of the season. !987/88 season I think, we had a great team for that division then with Nelson & Bremner up front and big Doug at the back. We only lost one league game all season and I missed that game because of Moggys wedding! Also the season we gave Arsenal a good game in the FA Cup narrowly losing 2-1.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
78/79 The almost-made-it season. We had come from nowhere to the brink of the top flight and everyone was in dreamland. Amazing buzz at the Goldstone for the last few games. Could be the same at the Amex this season?!!
That was the 77/78 season, which was also my favorite season for the same reasons..

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
For me it was the season we got promoted from Div 3 beating Bristol Rovers last game of the season. !987/88 season I think, we had a great team for that division then with Nelson & Bremner up front and big Doug at the back. We only lost one league game all season and I missed that game because of Moggys wedding! Also the season we gave Arsenal a good game in the FA Cup narrowly losing 2-1.

That season was my favourite too. Brilliant times. That and last season.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Ridiculously, there was something very special about one of the seasons at Gillingham, the year we finished 2nd bottom to Doncaster. I saw every game home and away that year and got quite into being proud of the Albion and sticking up for them despite the fact we were right in the shit and an awful side!

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
FOR ME IT WAS 76/77 SEASON! THOSE CLASSIC FA CUP GAMES AGAINST PALACE ENDING AT STAMFORD BRIDGE! Then the league cup beating top clubs ipswich and west brom drawing at home to the mighty derby in front of over 33,000 goldstone fans,plus fantastic league form and at the right age to enjoy it! peter ward! bumper crowds and punk rock! what a time! and starting work at amex £105 a month! let the good times roll!:moo:

Yeah I go along with all that (apart from working at amex ! that came a few years later for me).

The Derby County home game was amazing - I think Wardy scored in first minute - never been so packed into a ground.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

I remember being fascinated by Bremner's hair in those days, being only 6 or 7. Even I knew it was shit! What was he doing....

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008

Hard to disagree with this. Very special season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here