Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What the Shuttle Boosters Saw

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Amazing footage, I was in Florida 3 years ago and was fortunate enough to see a shuttle lift off, truly an amazing sight

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Surprising lack of vibration throughout the flight. Must have been one of Go-Pros more expensive models.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
882-1.png

Like this?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
That certainly has the Wow factor,we see plenty of 'taking off' scenes,but I always wondered about the boosters,also watched the recovery from splashdown to bring it to dock...the world has certainly advanced from the 'Little Demon' firework.

stimpy

Apr 28, 2012
Lancing
Amazing video. What an incredible insight to how the system works. Surely it must all be pre-planned exactly where they seperate so that they can predict where the boosters will land?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I hear they make you stand miles away, but that doesn't detract?

We were in Orlando staying in a Disney hotel. Walking back one night we spoke with some locals who were walking in the opposite direction, they told us what was happening and we followed them to this high bridge. We wasn't sure what we would see because we were 50 odd miles inland but the natives were convinced we would see everything. To cut a long one short, the sky just went orange and a few seconds later the shuttle went up, got a few photos, not brilliant but it was certainly a sight to behold. Your absolutely correct though, you can't get that close and the Cape Canaveral locals use it as an excuse for a piss up so it's not that pretty apparently!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here