Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What the national media have to say...

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Thanks for those links.

Guardian piece written by Nick Szczepanik. Already has 26 comments, including a very decent one from a Southampton fan.

As a Saints fan I just wanted to pop in and congratulate fans of B&H on a well-deserved promotion.

There's a lot of cliche in Football about 'deserving' and 'long suffering' fans etc but for one, I think that Brighton fans do deserve it and have long,longsuffered.

For those of you who have spent a decade or more homeless, sat in a nasty windswept athletics stadium fighting bravely to generate an atmosphere that the acoustics simply wouldn't allow I'd just like to salute you and add. When you're at your swanky new stadium next season and doing pretty well in the Championship (given Millwall, Norwich and Leeds this year) and you suddenly notice all the new, new faces around you- don't feel bitter, just remember that they couldn't possibly be enjoying the moment more than you nor begin to appreciate the drudgery you had endured beforehand.

P.S. We will gladly give you a guard of honour, would you mind terribly giving us 3 points?

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Thanks for those links.

Guardian piece written by Nick Szczepanik. Already has 26 comments, including a very decent one from a Southampton fan.

As a Saints fan I just wanted to pop in and congratulate fans of B&H on a well-deserved promotion.

There's a lot of cliche in Football about 'deserving' and 'long suffering' fans etc but for one, I think that Brighton fans do deserve it and have long,longsuffered.

For those of you who have spent a decade or more homeless, sat in a nasty windswept athletics stadium fighting bravely to generate an atmosphere that the acoustics simply wouldn't allow I'd just like to salute you and add. When you're at your swanky new stadium next season and doing pretty well in the Championship (given Millwall, Norwich and Leeds this year) and you suddenly notice all the new, new faces around you- don't feel bitter, just remember that they couldn't possibly be enjoying the moment more than you nor begin to appreciate the drudgery you had endured beforehand.

P.S. We will gladly give you a guard of honour, would you mind terribly giving us 3 points?

that is a quality comment

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
that is a quality comment
Indeed it is...

When you're at your swanky new stadium next season and doing pretty well in the Championship (given Millwall, Norwich and Leeds this year) and you suddenly notice all the new, new faces around you- don't feel bitter, just remember that they couldn't possibly be enjoying the moment more than you nor begin to appreciate the drudgery you had endured beforehand.
Maybe some fans won't appreciate the arrival of unfamiliar faces, but I don't understand why - so what if they haven't suffered as much as us, we want a full stadium. Although most fans at the AMEX will have been fans for a long time, I welcome the new ones with open arms.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Maybe some fans won't appreciate the arrival of unfamiliar faces, but I don't understand why - so what if they haven't suffered as much as us, we want a full stadium. Although most fans at the AMEX will have been fans for a long time, I welcome the new ones with open arms.

is also a quality comment.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
article-1376312-0B99DB5C00000578-232_468x312.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here