Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What the f*** has happened to the Albion website???

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
Looks like the club have finally been able to break free from the rigid website format they had been held to previously. I remember Barber mentioning the website restrictions a long time ago - maybe someone remembers in better detail.

Bald Head

Jul 20, 2022
Brighton
Visited it earlier today, visited later and it had changed confused me initially. I get confused easily i must confess.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
In the Fan Engagement announcement last week, the club said that a new website and app was coming.

This is obviously the new website, hopefully this won't hinder the purchase of Arsenal tickets tomorrow.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Looks like the club have finally been able to break free from the rigid website format they had been held to previously. I remember Barber mentioning the website restrictions a long time ago - maybe someone remembers in better detail.
I remember him saying something about the PL having defined formats or something...........or might have been in the Championship, it was a while ago. Having a quick look ours is pretty aligned with others so maybe they've all changed. Anyway, it's an improvement. Ticket site doesn't seem to have changed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All I see is a white screen?

Luke the Lucky

NSC Patron
May 1, 2024
The mobile version just makes it harder to find the pages you need, no links at the top for tickets or shop showing for me

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
The mobile version just makes it harder to find the pages you need, no links at the top for tickets or shop showing for me
Thought the exact same earlier. All I wanted to check was when the Arsenal ticket go on sale. Got there eventually after numerous clicks where it was one previously. Plus on my device the little accessibility button covers your loyalty points (fine on desktop). A minor thing obviously but all I wanted to check how many points I have so I know when I can buy said tickets.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I do remember when we joined the big league we had to go global with a .com rather than the seagulls.co.uk and sadly seagulls.com is already in use.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
The new version is slow on my computer and hard to navigate, so admit the first thing I did was to go into the accessability settings and turn off animations

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
"Not enough memory to open the page"

That reminds me of the early days of the web, when pages took five minutes to load and then would disappear.

What's the point of redesigning a website if it's not accessible to everyone?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I can see it on my phone, but MacBook it's just a blank screen with an accessibility menu at the bottom right

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
The new version is slow on my computer and hard to navigate, so admit the first thing I did was to go into the accessability settings and turn off animations
I wouldn't go anywhere near The Argus website then - pretty sure that's just adverts now!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's the only website I can recall where tapping the top of the screen on an iPhone doesn't navigate back to the top of the page.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
"Not enough memory to open the page"

That reminds me of the early days of the web, when pages took five minutes to load and then would disappear.

What's the point of redesigning a website if it's not accessible to everyone?
to keep legions of web developers and graphic artists in employment. daft question really.

sir_gullahad

Dec 20, 2013
Cheltenhamshire
I do remember when we joined the big league we had to go global with a .com rather than the seagulls.co.uk and sadly seagulls.com is already in use.
Had to? Was it some sort of Premier League rule? How tiresome. If we ask nicely hopefully we can carry on calling ourselves a Football Club.

Anyway I could swear that seagulls.co.uk worked in its own right rather than redirecting up until fairly recently. Or maybe I'm confused as usual.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As someone who’s way more “text” than “image”, I hate it. Now excuse me while I go mutter about progress and shout at the occasional cloud.
I had the same earlier opening Twitter - scrolling through it was ALL video with no text content. Turned me off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here