Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What sort of crap nickname is...

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Hartlepool United - "The Monkey Hangers" - During the Napoleonic wars the citizens of Hartlepool allegedly hanged a monkey believing it to be a French spy.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Also when I was a boy my Dad used to laugh at West Ham being called 'The Irons', but he wouldn't tell me why. "West Ham fans? They're all Irons! he would laugh.

Hmm, I want to know more about this. Rhyming slang?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tottenham - The Lilleywhites, quite naff for a football team surely?

Jerryatric

Jul 18, 2003
Worthing
Wycombe are called the Chairboys because of the tradition of chair-making in the town of High Wycombe. The nickname was used in the early days of the Club but was only resurrected after the 1980's fanzine Chairboys Gas dug out the name from the history books.

Amahwrang

I usually am
Feb 2, 2011
Glasgow
I have always thought The Cherries a twatish nickname. Apparently their ground was built on a cherry tree orchard.
Leading on from that what could OUR nickname be NOW considering our new ground has been built on a university ?

The Debtors

My other team St Mirren - The Buddies always liked this

Birmingham (Alternative) The Currymen ....................... I'll get my non-pc coat on

Last edited:

Feb 14, 2010
palace - the glaziers. Makes sense. the stereotype o a palace fan is boring Nigel from Coulsdon who works as a double glazing salesman and supports palace. It all fits.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here