Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What sort of crap nickname is...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
.."the glaziers"?

What an absolutely shit effort. Probably the shittest nickname EVER. Worse than Reading's "the biscuitmen".

And following on from this, Crystal Palace changing their nickname from the Glaziers to the Eagles was sure the most plastic thing EVER done in football (apart from "AFC Bournemouth" and the whole MK Dons thing obviously). I mean, if you're going to change your admittedly gash nickname, at least change it to something RELEVANT. What relevance is an eagle to the shittest part of suburban Surrey? At least our two nicknames - the Dolphins and then the Seagulls - both reflected our coastal location.

Palace really are a plastic outfit and well worth reminding them of the fact some time next season I think. If they're not in division THREE. :bigwave:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've always thought "the Chairboys" was quite poor.

Ones named for your town's major industry are usually fine: Brewers, Millers, Hatters etc. But obviously Wycombe couldnt make that work so they came up with a random piece of furniture and added "boys". Brilliant :bowdown:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Is "the chairboys" really as poor as "the glaziers"?

I think you know the answer to that, Edna.

Ones named for your town's major industry are usually fine: Brewers, Millers, Hatters etc. But obviously Wycombe couldnt make that work so they came up with a random piece of furniture and added "boys". Brilliant :bowdown:
But Wycombe is FAMOUS for chairs.

They even build arches from chairs.

Long-live-the-queen-chair-arch.jpg

Millennium+Arch.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Good find, Brackers. So we're back to laughing at Palace's SHIT nickname then. :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh definitely not. I presume it's something to do with the original Crystal Palace. A flashy, extravagant institution which was much hyped and admired at first only to go down dramatically in flames as soon as the heat was on.

Not unlike the Team of the Eighties.

Yoda

English & European

But a lot of the founding team were made up for men who worked in a furniture (mainly chairs) factory. Or something like that at least.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I love those traditional nicknames. I prefer the Glaziers to the eagles any day. Wasn't it related to the original Crystal Palace. I wish we had kept "Deck-chair Attendants".

In ancient Croy there were lots of early examples of 'sky scrapers'. These are still there today, and have ancient inscriptions on them called 'graffiti' - but they needed a lot of glass fitted, hence 'The Glaziers'.

It's a fine name, but they are just asking to be SMASHED.

We should put these glaziers to work.

(Oh, and by the way simster - utter drivel as always, you have a droopy face and a shit job working for someone else)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In ancient Croy there were lots of early examples of 'sky scrapers'. These are still there today, and have ancient inscriptions on them called 'graffiti' - but they needed a lot of glass fitted, hence 'The Glaziers'.

It's a fine name, but they are just asking to be SMASHED.

We should put these glaziers to work.

(Oh, and by the way simster - utter drivel as always, you have a droopy face and a shit job working for someone else)
Weirdy beardy naggle toothed bore. :wanker:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Beard? :laugh: I haven't had a beard in decades, and that was in the US.
My teeth are really rather good, despite school dentists in the 60's.
And you are interesting? Bwaahahaha! :wrong:

You might be a bit mentally deficient simpster, and you are DEFINITELY boring. Thanks for responding to the BEST part of my post though :bigwave:
Sort this out with a fight, violence WORKS !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here