Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What RINGTONE and TEXT ALERTS do you have ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So I wasted a large chunk of yesterday evening perusing ringtones and texts for my new mobile, and eventually settled on the following:

RINGTONE: The old theme from Grandstand - I ended up bluetoothing this from my old phone, as I just cannot find anything to top it. The 'You Have Aids' (not HIV but full-blown aiiiiiiids.....) song from Family Guy is there as backup though, and I also have The Good, The Bad & The Ugly set as my works one, as its quieter.

TEXT: The General Lee honk (as commonly heard in the Dukes of Hazzard). I love this, its a proper HORN as well, not synthesised. Paaaarp.

Doubtless there'll be dozens of GOSBTS's, but I hear them all the time and prefer something more ORIGINAL. So what you got ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
In for the Kill - La Roux for ringtone.

The original series of star trek boatswain whistle. Text.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
The ringtone on my work phone is 'the chain' from BBC formula one coverage fame. On my personal phone it is Sussex by the Sea.

I just have the bog standard preloaded text tones.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I have had Sweet Child O mine as my ringtone for a few years now, wife is more sedate she has Jerusalem

Just the standard noise for texts, wife has worms (as a text tone)

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I have the common 'old phone' ringtone, nice and unassuming

for texts my power LED turns green and for eMails turns Orange ... I also have notifications for both tuned on in the taskbar

:)

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
'I like it like that' - pete rodriguez for my ring tone

[yt]XU8Yesm6sAc[/yt]

And for text alert I have cut down 'you're timeless to me' from hairspray, so that I have Christopher walken saying "ringadingding" (@ about 4:08 in the video below)

[yt]pSuLNFnjy44[/yt]

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Ringtone: There is a Light that Never Goes Out - The Smiths for most people, and the theme to True Blood for a select few.
Text: Regular iPhone one

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

burstead

Not a Registered User
Jul 24, 2010
Grown-ups normal ring tone.

Lil Jon shouting 'Yeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh' for texts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here