Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What price Jake Robinson club top scorer?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Following 2 goals in his first 2 games i wonder how likely it is Jake Robinson will end up with the most goas this season?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
no they wont. but thats not really the point.

if he scores 10 goals (optimisitc yes) then he will have to be considered for a first team place next year.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
He's only at Aldershot for a month. I suspect to get him match fit.
I get the feeling that once we are safe at 50 points (or so) McGhee will let him have a run out with the first team

Jul 20, 2003
Yorkie said:
I get the feeling that once we are safe at 50 points (or so) McGhee will let him have a run out with the first team

sounds good to me

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Yorkie said:

oooo, i hope so!!

so, 2 games then!! :)

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Yorkie said:

In all fairness if we are safe and are playing nothing games, would it not be better to leave him there for the rest of the season, where every point is vital and there is the chance of playing in the pressure games of the play offs? Got to be better than just playing some possible dead rubbers for us.

Also as I lived near Aldershot for a long time, I want them to do well and as D'Sane is out, they need a nippy goal scorer.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yorkie said:

As much as I feel that's got some basis, didn't MM actually say that about May.
No matter how safe we are I can't see us playing an under 11's team for the last handful of games, getting the ass-kicking of your life is hardly confidence building.
Poor old Tank will feel like he should be in Eastbourne sporting a blue rinse.

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
Yorkie said:

He could be back sooner rather than later. The gaffer and Bob were at Aldershot's match last night.

With Leon now a winger, there could be an opening up front now alongside Big Mac - it's there for McPhee, Jakey or Maheta to take.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
As much as Mcghee says Jake and Leon are too similar I'd like to see them play together once we're safe. Two fast skillful strikers. Where's the problem?

Rangdo said:
As much as Mcghee says Jake and Leon are too similar I'd like to see them play together once we're safe. Two fast skillful strikers. Where's the problem?

I can't see them paired up front but with Big Mac giving us the ballast up there, I can certainly see Leon and Jake in the same team by the end of this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here