Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What price a front line of Molango and Turienzo

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Uncle Buck said:
None if McGhee is manager.

He has made it pretty clear that Molango is not in his plans.
Then the moron shouldn't have given him a 3 year contract. What a complete waste of bleeding money. He's only played him twice hasn't he. And he scored one.

Last edited:

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
TonyW said:
Then the moron shouldn't have given him a 3 year contract. What a complete waste of bleeding money. He's only played him twice hasn't he. And he scored one.

Yes, but what if he'd have been given a one year contract and turned out to be the next Zamora ?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
TonyW said:

But then he seems to give forwards longish contracts. Molango and Jarratt got 3 years, McCammon got 18 months when his fitness alone suggested a contract until the end of last season to prove himself would have been enough and Turienzo got 2 years (although the fact there was a fee involved meant that we were always going to try and protect our investment, if he was good).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Let's just stick the knife in on the failures and forget about the converted Virgo who's transfer fee would have paid for ALL the forwards he's signed several times over. Not forgetting that this player was overlooked by the bestest manager in the division the previous season

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Turienzo will come good. I am confident about that. He has shown flashes of decent football and I think a year in League One would do him well.

Insider has been dodging my questions about Molango ;) Shame that he hasn't fitted in so far. He looked quite good, IMO. As Buck said on a previous thread, his first touch was missing. Something that could be worked on???

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
BarrelofFun said:
As Buck said on a previous thread, his first touch was missing. Something that could be worked on???

We dont do ball skills in training.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Icy Gull said:
Let's just stick the knife in on the failures and forget about the converted Virgo who's transfer fee would have paid for ALL the forwards he's signed several times over. Not forgetting that this player was overlooked by the bestest manager in the division the previous season

But people keep going on about the lack of money we have for wages etc, so it is frustrating when it is tied up and ultimately wasted on longish contracts for players who prove not to be the answer.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
But people keep going on about the lack of money we have for wages etc, so it is frustrating when it is tied up and ultimately wasted on longish contracts for players who prove not to be the answer.

But IF one turns out be a gem, the investment in a long term contact will pay big dividends when he inevitably moves on. It is a very tall order to pluck an unknown striker, which it will have to be, who can compete at this level within our budget. I agree it is incredibly frustrating but I am struggling to think of any of our rivals who've managed it recently, except through their youth system. Short term fixes have benefits I confess but we seem to struggle to entice them, be it the pay, the ground or McGhee, who knows?

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Icy Gull said:
But IF one turns out be a gem, the investment in a long term contact will pay big dividends when he inevitably moves on. It is a very tall order to pluck an unknown striker, which it will have to be, who can compete at this level within our budget. I agree it is incredibly frustrating but I am struggling to think of any of our rivals who've managed it recently, except through their youth system. Short term fixes have benefits I confess but we seem to struggle to entice them, be it the pay, the ground or McGhee, who knows?

But surely 2 years for both Molango and Jarratt would suffice. If they had been good, we could have extended the deals last summer, if not well we only have to loan them out for a season. However we have both of these 2 back in May and then have to spend the summer either off loading them or setting up loan deals.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I don't get the 'what if he turns into another Zamora' bullshit, and it is bullshit.

We had Zammo on laon for 6 games before spending money on him. We had seen his quality.

We saw very little of Turienzo, Molango and Jarret before offering them long contracts. It is a waste and a big waste at that.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I don't get the 'what if he turns into another Zamora' bullshit, and it is bullshit.

We had Zammo on laon for 6 games before spending money on him. We had seen his quality.

We saw very little of Turienzo, Molango and Jarret before offering them long contracts. It is a waste and a big waste at that.

What division were we in when we signed Zamora? We also had the 2nd biggest budget after Cardiff the year we signed him.

Can you spot the difference with now????

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Icy Gull said:
What division were we in when we signed Zamora? We also had the 2nd biggest budget after Cardiff the year we signed him.

Can you spot the difference with now????

But at the same time we had seen him in competitive games, where as with the others we had not.

Molango earnt a contract with his performances in pre-season that year, but I do not think he did enough to justify a 3 year contract.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
But at the same time we had seen him in competitive games, where as with the others we had not.

Molango earnt a contract with his performances in pre-season that year, but I do not think that he earnt a 3 year contract.

Who else could have afforded 100k that year in league 3? Rovers did not want to sell him and it ws only by persitance and a decent budget that no-one else could match that we got him. If we got a striker in today who scored in the next 6 games, Whether or not we stayed up he would not be here next season, surely you can see that. That scenario would apply to any on trial striker at any stage of the season in a struggling team imo

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Turienzo earnt a contract with 60 minutes and a video.

and the 6 figure sum paid to his agent brought us Frutos and Carole on freebies, from what I gather. All three of them combined were worth that...probably

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Icy Gull said:
Who else could have afforded 100k that year in league 3? Rovers did not want to sell him and it ws only by persitance and a decent budget that no-one else could match that we got him. If we got a striker in today who scored in the next 6 games, Whether or not we stayed up he would not be here next season, surely you can see that. That scenario would apply to any on trial striker at any stage of the season in a struggling team imo

I do not think Rovers not wanting to sell him is true. At the time he was third or fourth choice striker (they all left at the same time), he was out of contract in the summer and due to the limited number of games he had played, Rovers were unlikley to get much for him from a tribunal. Also Holloway did not seem to overly rate him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here