Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what prem club has 1066 on its badge?

Amsterdam Albion

Mar 11, 2008
Maybe Chelsea ?

Stamford Bridge (for those that dont know), is home to one of the football Premiership teams based in London. The team is Chelsea and what a home they have! I have been there a couple of times now thanks to a season ticket holder at work. What a difference it is to some of the 3rd division side's grounds I normally visit. Firstly, lets not confuse it with the famous battle it was named after! This occured in 1066, 3 weeks before the famous "battle .

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Maybe Chelsea ?

Stamford Bridge (for those that dont know), is home to one of the football Premiership teams based in London. The team is Chelsea and what a home they have! I have been there a couple of times now thanks to a season ticket holder at work. What a difference it is to some of the 3rd division side's grounds I normally visit. Firstly, lets not confuse it with the famous battle it was named after! This occured in 1066, 3 weeks before the famous "battle .

very good:D

Amsterdam Albion

Mar 11, 2008
From Chelsea official site

Why is it called Stamford Bridge?
The name and place of Stamford Bridge is one with great significance in English history having been the site in Yorkshire of one of the most famous battles of King Harold's reign in 1066 against the Vikings. However it is believed that this is not connected to the naming of Chelsea's football stadium.

Amsterdam Albion

Mar 11, 2008
but unfortunately stamford bridge was a battle in the english civil war,about 700 years after the french invasion and colonisation of britain in 1066.

thanks for the suggestion though

not sure if it was a battle in the civil war but it was the battle that Harold won before rushing down to meet and loose to the Normans

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
but unfortunately stamford bridge was a battle in the english civil war,about 700 years after the french invasion and colonisation of britain in 1066.

no, Harold fought the Vikings at Stamford Bridge, near York, and was one of the reasons he lost to William

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003

The Battle of Stamford Bridge was just before the battle of Hastings as the previous poster stated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here