Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What positions would you sign?

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
With the likelihood being were going to sign 4 more players i'm just wondering what type of players you would sign?

I'd probably have cover for a centre back, cover for a left back and a starting centre mid and then a covering cm.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
1/2 Centre Backs , 1 full back who can play either side and a Striker

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
KEEPER. Brezovan is not good enough.

The man speaks sense.

We need a goalkeeper and a left back to challenge Marcos Painter, someone naturally left footed. I wouldn't say we need anyone else though, not specifically. I think the more players you have in the squad the harder it is to maintain unity and spirit, as soon as the team becomes settled and certain players aren't involved, you get problems. We don't need to have a big squad to compete, we have the development squad as well to call upon. Personally I would say we're only really a left back short of a full squad. I don't agree we need a new striker, I think Mackail-Smith, Barnes, Hoskins, Bergkamp and Adgestein should be enough.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
We need at least one additional central defender and one central midfielder. Personally I would be delighted with just two signings.

Gus is right Taricco is still a class act, and is more than capable of covering Painter. Also have no issues with Brezovan as a back up keeper. The Stoke game is a truly horrible game to make one of your only appearances of the season and their aerial bombardment catches out even the most seasoned of Premiership keepers. Felt he looked a lot more assured against Colchester away.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
A centre half
Box to box midfielder
Creative midfielder
Sub goalkeeper.
I don't think there's anything wrong with Taricco as cover at left back. Form is temporary class is permenant.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
IMO ,the spine of the team.A big centre forward (Beatie ) A centre mindfielder (Shelvey on loan ) and a centre half (Norsworty ) excuse spelling !!!!!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Starting young keeper (Lewis, Smithies, Prem reject)
Mobile CB (perhaps a young foreigner from a top 6 club who needs a Champ loan for 6 months by which time re-assess with injuries recovered and Dunk lightly tried out)
Bennett type (Boyd more wide but a Lansbury or Scott Sinclair type, god knows who tho)
Back up LB (just a body really who can compete)

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
We don't need a 'keeper. Poke will shine through as our number two before long. The only signing we really need is a CB and I'm 100% sure that will happen before the start of the season.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
The man speaks sense.

We need a goalkeeper and a left back to challenge Marcos Painter, someone naturally left footed. I wouldn't say we need anyone else though, not specifically. I think the more players you have in the squad the harder it is to maintain unity and spirit, as soon as the team becomes settled and certain players aren't involved, you get problems. We don't need to have a big squad to compete, we have the development squad as well to call upon. Personally I would say we're only really a left back short of a full squad. I don't agree we need a new striker, I think Mackail-Smith, Barnes, Hoskins, Bergkamp and Adgestein should be enough.

If push comes to shove, left back cover will be required
Painter could be exposed to balls over the top due to lack of pace
I think our keepers will be busy this season coming out of their area to combat long balls on the large Amex pitch

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Haven't we signed enough players? My only concerns hang over replacement keeper and maybe one centre half on loan, I still think that the centre halves we have are good enough, can't say they didn't do a reasonable job last season, but with current injuries a loan player would do the job for now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here