Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What number choice will our next manager be?

What number choice will our next manager be?

• One

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Two

Votes: 16 14.3%
  • Three

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Four

Votes: 16 14.3%
  • Five

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • Six to Ten

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Eleven or higher

Votes: 11 9.8%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Deputy chairman and chief executive Paul Barber added, “We looked at a range of excellent candidates but Roberto was our number one choice from the start and the only person we spoke to.

“It’s no secret our chairman is constantly monitoring potential coaches, both here in our domestic leagues, throughout Europe and across the world as part of our succession planning work.

“We feel Roberto is the ideal cultural and technical fit for Brighton & Hove Albion, and the right person to continue the club’s progress and work with this outstanding group of players.”

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I think we can feel pretty certain that McKenna was our number one, and that's out of the question now.

Reckon we'll get our number 2, whether it's Graham or any of the others that have been mentioned.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’m worried. Our first choice LCB was Colwill and we got Igor. Our first choice RW was Kudus and we got Fati / no one. The Midas touch feels like it’s waning. Hopefully we have a rabbit in the hat but I’m not confident at all.
It’s almost like Chelsea have poached almost everyone who knew what they were doing and we’re solely reliant on about two or three people.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I consoled myself with the loss of Roberto, with the belief that the club will have had some excellent candidates lined up and a new manager would be in place imminently.

I am beginning to doubt....
Based on Journo's various articles?

You can be sure that Albion has spoken to at least a couple of the candidates on their list. They may have made an offer to one of them but I'd imagine the one they have made said offer to will be the one that is almost certain to say yes. They will have been meticulous, professional, and thorough. I think we will find out by Wednesday (guess not ITK). I am disappointed it won't be McKenna but there are lots of good coaches out there. Yes, even Potter.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Does anybody think the "Roberto was our number one choice from the start and the only person we spoke to" might not have been 100% truthful? They were hardly gonna say "Roberto was way down our list, but he was the only one who'd take our calls" are they?

So I suspect we won't get our number 1 choice, but they will probably claim we did.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
First choice - Russell Martin

Club couldn’t do anything until the dust settles on yesterdays play off game - I expect an announcement this week that Southampton have allowed him to speak to us

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

Club couldn’t do anything until the dust settles on yesterdays play off game - I expect an announcement this week that Southampton have allowed him to speak to us
On the same afternoon, Utd at home, that McKenna’s Uncle told us in the Goldstone Restaurant , whilst extremely flattered by our interest he wouldn’t come, I was told by an impeccable source, very close to the club, that Martin had already been sounded out.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
On the same afternoon, Utd at home, that McKenna’s Uncle told us in the Goldstone Restaurant , whilst extremely flattered by our interest he wouldn’t come, I was told by an impeccable source, very close to the club, that Martin had already been sounded out.
Oh God, no.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon

Underwhelming

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here