Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what is the point....

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I regularly go on other boards.

I go to talk about football.

Its all about opinions and it can be intresting to see what others have to say.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Uncle Buck said:
Knows so little about his own club that he does not realise that Aldershot are their traditional rival and even the Shots look down on Reading.

Hmmmmm... about as accurate as a scud missile. Wrong side of bed this morning Uncle Buck? ;)

We lost too, y'know!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Wilts said:
Hmmmmm... about as accurate as a scud missile. Wrong side of bed this morning Uncle Buck? ;)

We lost too, y'know!

Like it or not, Aldershot are your traditional rivals.

Swindon and Oxford hate each others guts and view you as an irratation, but for most of your history your derbies have been against the Shots and it is only in the last 10 years or so that you have been so much further above them.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Uncle Buck said:

Swindon and Oxford hate each others guts and view you as an irratation, but for most of your history your derbies have been against the Shots and it is only in the last 10 years or so that you have been so much further above them.

And you said I was spoiling for a fight on here yesterday? :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Uncle Buck said:

Indeed, used to be during the 60s/70s/early 80s. I wouldn't regard that as a problem though, bearing in mind that Aldershot have shared more seasons with Brighton than Reading. Intereting stat I know!

Aldershot were in Div 2/3 for a fair while like both ourselves and yourselves. Leeds' true rivals are Leeds City... sadly defunct.

We have the benefit that any clubs nearby are all far smaller, i.e. Swindon, Oxford, Wycombe, Aldershot, and that the best and most "derby" like games are always the London ones. QPR is always feisty.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
the full harris said:
of coming on a Brighton board all the time if you support Reading?

puzzling.
or even re-phrase it, why come on our boards and slag off our support? ???

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Wilts said:
Indeed, used to be during the 60s/70s/early 80s. I wouldn't regard that as a problem though, bearing in mind that Aldershot have shared more seasons with Brighton than Reading. Intereting stat I know!

Aldershot were in Div 2/3 for a fair while like both ourselves and yourselves. Leeds' true rivals are Leeds City... sadly defunct.

We have the benefit that any clubs nearby are all far smaller, i.e. Swindon, Oxford, Wycombe, Aldershot, and that the best and most "derby" like games are always the London ones. QPR is always feisty.

Reading and feisty, that has cheered me up no end. I remember the friendly at the Rec about 3 years ago, where you lot got run all over the shop.

You say your derby games are with London teams, but I fail to see how. They all have other people to hate, granted QPR like yourselves have become a minor nuicance to a couple of sides as their traditonal rivals Chelsea no longer give a toss, but they have other London games.

Like Gillingham, 'no one hates you, no one cares'.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Uncle Buck said:
Reading and feisty, that has cheered me up no end. I remember the friendly at the Rec about 3 years ago, where you lot got run all over the shop.

Like Gillingham, 'no one hates you, no one cares'.

Golf clubs come into the equation at Wokingham IIRC.

No one hates us, except those that voted us 9th most hated club in the league. With yourselves in there if I remember rightly. The London games are always feisty as we can take plenty of fans there, nice and local.

Anyhow, I love Brighton :kiss:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Wilts said:
Golf clubs come into the equation at Wokingham IIRC.

No one hates us, except those that voted us 9th most hated club in the league. With yourselves in there if I remember rightly. The London games are always feisty as we can take plenty of fans there, nice and local.

Anyhow, I love Brighton :kiss:

That game at Wokingham was yonks ago, I think it was during the Ryan Div 2 days.

I just remember you lot getting a right hiding around Aldershot during that friendly.

Teams may dislike you, but other than the Shots, I think you struggle to find ones that list you as a principle rival.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Leeds United were formed after Leeds City went bust. How can they be rivals? That's like saying our natural rivals are Brighton & Hove Rangers.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Also they don't get regularly abused on this board as guests on most boards do.

I get annoyed by them when they are on here for a wind up, because they get more respect on here than they would anywhere else.

Compare Reading fans to Brighton Fans, us actively supporting Wrexham - joining in their demostration,and coming onto the pitch after the game to applaud us.

Reading Fans on Saturday? Singing "Where's your ground ?"

It ain't about history, it ain't about attendances, it's about soul, a love of the game and respect for other fans and their troubles - most Reading fans ain't got none.

The few Reading fans who visit this site probably have though and that's why they come on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here