Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the point of Jason Dodd

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
We have one of those too, 324 league appearances, 0 for Leeds in 8 months at the club and his career is probably over without him ever having kicked a ball for us.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Simster said:
Another SHREWD McGhee signing. :glare:

Does McGhee have a crystal ball? How was he to know Dodd would get injured during a game?

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
if only we could get doddy fit for the run in his experience would be invaluable

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I think that is a tad harsh, Dodd 'could' have become a half decent signing, at least it was an attempt to instill a bit of leadership quality to the side.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Rougvie said:
I think that is a tad harsh, Dodd 'could' have become a half decent signing, at least it was an attempt to instill a bit of leadership quality to the side.

Which he does anyway albeit off the pitch.
He only signed a one year contract so will be going anyway.

Last edited:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Yorkie said:
Does McGhee have a crystal ball? How was he to know Dodd would get injured during a game?
:clap: :clap: don't find myself sticking up for mm often lately but don't see how he can be held responsible for dodd's injury's

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yorkie said:
No Yorkie, this one wasn't his fault. I was being facaetious.

Now what about El Turi? :glare:

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Saints got rid of him for a reason! They just got lucky that MM was stupid enough to buy him.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
TonyW said:
Saints got rid of him for a reason! They just got lucky that MM was stupid enough to buy him.

and ALL the saints fans were saying this to me at St. Mary's this season, we are a laughing stock at times.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
TonyW said:

He was a free transfer you tard! He is a proven standard at this level, he was a good signing, anyone can get injured, to blame a manager is a f***ing joke!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Albion Dan said:
He was a free transfer you tard! He is a proven standard at this level, he was a good signing, anyone can get injured, to blame a manager is a f***ing joke!

I must have imagined 4 different Southampton fans telling me he wasn't right for most of last season then.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is one thing that I will defend MM for. He said that we needed a full back to take the place of Harding and it appeared that Dodds was the man who could do that. Then he got injured hardly MMs fault.

Didnt Plymouth try to sign him ahead of us. Does that make Tony Pullis a duffer as well.

To contradict Dwayne I spoke to a number of Southampton fans who thought that he could have still donea good job for them if Arry the spiv hadn't taken over as manager.

If he is fit he could help us out even at this late stage in the season. If we can shore up the defence and nick odd goals we will stay up.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
His mum likes him :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here