Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is in your view the greatest ever goal?

Cadman

Jul 7, 2003
Alan Mullerys thunderous volley that won goal of the season back in the mid-70's.

The hardest I've ever seen a ball hit.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
thats is a hard strike . . . .particularly as those balls weighed three times as much as todays whoofters balls, and the lack of run up, AND the sound ! I reckon the keeper dived on audio instinct :lolol:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
maradona against england (the second one obviously) is amazing

peter beardley scored a superb goal against the albion i think. it was keegans last game for newcastle, i think.

and yes that trevor sinclair goal is incredible

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
perth seagull said:
Zola also scored a brilliant goal against Norwich that same season in the FA Cup, it came from a corner. I don't know if anyone remembers those two goals, they were only a couple of seasons ago.

Remember it - it was like a mid-air backheel volley type thing.

_1765630_zola_goal_v1.gif

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Personally, i don't reckon that Brazil goal is the greatest of all time. The situation obviously adds to its quality, but everyone is just strolling around. The Italians don't move. Its incredibly hot there, as we know, but still, its bloody slow.

My favourite Albion goal was Mark Gall's in a 3-4 defeat against Millwall at the Goldstone. I loved that man.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Goals seen "live":

Stuart Munday's pearler at Filbert Street in season 93/94 (League Cup)

Also his overhead kick at St Andrews season 95/96 was pretty special also

Were these the only 2 goals he scored for us?!!!

On the box:

Sinclair's outside the box overhead kick for QPR against Barnsley was awesome

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Oh the dentist chair.

One of the best goals ive seen+ vs Scotland
+ in an important match
+ Best celebration ever.
= THE BEST.

For the Albion . Garry Nelson in cup in 87 v Brentford:clap2: :clap: :clap2: :clap: :clap2: :clap:

Gazza's was special, always great to stuff the Scots and it was particularly excellent that it was done with such panache.
McAllister was the outstanding victim wasn't he ?

The Dutch scored a couple of brilliant long-distance goals in the same World Cup, in Argentina I think, when they went to the final (that the Argies should never have won, cheating chimps).

Probably not the greatest goal, but remember Coventry from a free kick with that 'behind the back flip' and the volley that followed it? Pioneering entertainment!

Wardie scored some pearlers, leaving defenders in his dust.
There was one against Ipswich, one of the England defenders of the day was dumped on his arse with his legs in a granny-knot! :clap2:

Davie Cooper, Dryborough Cup Final (1979, I think) - receives ball on edge of the box, plays keepy-uppy while taking the ball past 3 or 4 defenders, plus the goalie, and volleys it in the net. Sublime.

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
Goals I've Seen Live

Nelson Vs Brentford in F.A. Cup 87
Owen Vs Argentina World Cup 98
Case Vs Sheffield Wednesday F.A Cup 83

Goal On T.V.
Carlos Vs France 97
Carlos for Real Madrid when he hits the ball almost from the corner flag and bends it into the top corner of the goal with keeper beaten all ends up.
Maradonna Vs England.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Goals I've seen live...

Nathan Jones at Forest.
Danny Cullip vs Chesterfield
Stuart Storer vs Doncaster

On TV

Beckham vs Greece.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
i remember clarence seedorf for madrid scored a thunderbolt a few years back, also baggio finished off a great italian move, but that brillian team goal was fantastic

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Goals seen "live":

Stuart Munday's pearler at Filbert Street in season 93/94 (League Cup)

That was a mis-hit cross !!!! - A cracker though. I was sort of behind it and watched it all the way in.

wokingone

Jul 15, 2003
Exeter
Personally I think Bergkamp's goal verses Argentina is the greatest i've seen. Superb long ball, sublime control followed by fantastic outside of foot finish - vey satisfying:drink:

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Dean Wilkins last minute free kick v Ipswich at the Goldstone, which took us into the play offs, but unfortunately not promotion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here