Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What I Have Enjoyed Since The Oldham Victory Is ....

C17BHA

Feb 24, 2009
Looking above us in th the table to see who we can overtake. Over the last couple of months, it has been a case of who can catch us up and drag us towards the relegation zone.

Turning point in my view was the excellent performance at Charlton. After that game, I knew that we had turned the corner. :smile:

dingobruce

Oct 21, 2009
SE4 9UL
Can see us overtaking Yeovil at the weekend, and maybe Walsall too. Depends on how Walsall do at Southend tonight, as I reckon they'll lose to Exeter on the weekend. If we beat Tranmere of course! :clap:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Can see us overtaking Yeovil at the weekend, and maybe Walsall too. Depends on how Walsall do at Southend tonight, as I reckon they'll lose to Exeter on the weekend. If we beat Tranmere of course! :clap:

I think I'd still want a Walsall result tonight regardless. We'll just have to catch them a bit later

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It is excellent, although I am still thinking of it in terms of putting as many teams between us and the relegation zone as possible. There is safety in numbers, as well as points.

Before the Leeds away match (when we were in real trouble points-wise) I started a thread about where the points were coming from. Pessimistically, I reckoned we'd finish with 51.

To date, we are eight points ahead of what I thought then, mainly due to our superb continued away form (Leeds/Colchester/Charlton/Oldham) plus the win over Brentford - so revised figure of 59, though I did have us down unbeaten from after the Swindon home game to the end of the season so may not be able to get too much more than that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What worries me is that Gus seems to have changed so much so quickly, for the better, that a bigger team may well be willing to spend a lot of cash tempting him away from us...we best enjoy him while we can, because if he keeps taking us forward at the rate he is I doubt he'll be leading us out at Falmer.

dingobruce

Oct 21, 2009
SE4 9UL
What worries me is that Gus seems to have changed so much so quickly, for the better, that a bigger team may well be willing to spend a lot of cash tempting him away from us...

I think it would have to be a stable Premiership team to tempt Gus away. You can see Gus as the type of manager who would like to build a legacy, and Brighton at the moment is a great club to do that, with Falmer and Tony Bloom. I can't see many Premiership clubs looking at Gus until promotion and we become a competitive Championship side.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I agree with dingobruce. Also, I'm hoping that Blackburn's Paul Ince experiment has frightened Premier League clubs off young managers for the next couple of years.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I tell you this.

It ANGERS me. I mean REALLY angers me that at the moment Yeovil, Wallsall and Carlisle are above us.

Hopefully come the end of the season this will be rectified.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here