Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What have we got to do to be on South Today before Southampton?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What do we need to do? Relocate to South Central Hampshire.

Roger Johnson's a c***, Husband's not much better, probably supreme bell-end. Taylor could kiss my gritts, but frankly I don't want her anywhere near me...

Johnson is an incredibly dull and boring northerner, who came south with no interest in any particular club here. But soon learned that bias, kept his job.
A penny for everytime that twat has said excitedly "at St.Mary's" or "the Rose Bowl".
Proof of bias - throughout his stint down south, Pompey have mainly been a division above S'ton, but Johnson relentlessly mentioned the Saints. Yawn.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
We call it Southampton Today in our house. They only report on murders and drug dealers in Sussex based stories, the fluffy nice stories are always Hampshire based. Used to really wind me up, now I just laugh at it. Dineage on the other hand, don't get me started on him!!!!

No! No! You are wrong, there was a bloke beaten up outside a night club the other week...... Oh! He was a Southampton player. :lolol:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
We call it Southampton Today in our house. They only report on murders and drug dealers in Sussex based stories, the fluffy nice stories are always Hampshire based. Used to really wind me up, now I just laugh at it. Dineage on the other hand, don't get me started on him!!!!

Agree with CorgiRegistered that weather girl Raham is the best thing on South Today. Dinenage and his fellow presenter must be the ugliest couple on TV anywhere.

But isn't it perverse that a city full of media people has to suffer such appalling local TV? Is there another city of comparable size in the UK that is so poorly served? I'd rather have TV from London, as I feel we have much more in common with our northern suburb than with Andover, Wimborne, Weymouth, Maidstone or Tunbridge.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Virgin Media's default seems to be from the Solent. Does anyone know if they have the South East version anywhere among their 600 channels of crap?

Nope, I've recently moved from sky to virgin and I can't find south east regional stuff anywhere. Or babestation for that matter.....

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Dineage isn't still alive is he? he must be 80 if he's a day!!!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Agree with CorgiRegistered that weather girl Raham is the best thing on South Today. Dinenage and his fellow presenter must be the ugliest couple on TV anywhere.

But isn't it perverse that a city full of media people has to suffer such appalling local TV? Is there another city of comparable size in the UK that is so poorly served? I'd rather have TV from London, as I feel we have much more in common with our northern suburb than with Andover, Wimborne, Weymouth, Maidstone or Tunbridge.

This, especially Raham, she's lovely.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
People still watch meridian :eek:

It's unwatchable.

This picture has been heavily Photoshoped.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Not fussed who is on first...in the Grand scheme of things as long as they have to admit who is top club in the Southern counties...what else matters?

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
BBC South East from Tun Wells is extremely good for all things Albion related.

BBC South from Southampton is TV made by, and made for yokels.

Avoid.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
The only alternative Virgin do is the London version. But because ST is so shite, I tend to watch that. Why do I want to know about a fuckin cat, up a fukin tree in Romsey. And Sally fukin Taylor!!!! Her pathetic false laugh. Aarrrrgggggg.
And no, I can't stand that rake of a weather person. And have you noticed that Brighton rarely appears on the weather map. Fukin Oxford does!!!!!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I threw something at the telly then shouted obscenities when I watched the lunchtime show today. Not god, given that I was at work. Bournemouth Chairman embarassment, then goals from Southampton and Pompeys game, not ours. WTF

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It's always been that way, unfortunately. Why the hell should they be mentioned before us when we are above them in the league? Worth complaining about.

Feb 14, 2010
Its always been the way, but more importantly, when is BBC London Radio and/or Capital Gold going to cover Brighton for us seagulls over London? They cover Watford and Southend.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
In boxing, wrestling, music, etc. the main event goes on last. I prefer to think of the football reports as another example. Southampton and Portsmouth are our warm up act. They leave us til last to keep the viewers hooked on to the show.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here