Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What have we got to do to be on South Today before Southampton?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Top of the Championship, but that's still not enough to be on before South Today's beloved Saints. Maybe if we can get into the Champions League? Although I remember once when we were in the First Division and ITV went with 4th division Portsmouth's 2-1 home defeat by Grimsby before our result, so maybe not ...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We will never be on before them, South Today is a Saints and Pompey station. Be grateful we were on on before Bournemouth, we were on before Bournemouth I hope !!?

I don't actually give a shit anymore, I have accepted it as the way it is. I love the way the presenters squirm when we beat or don't lose to their darlings though

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Top of the Championship, but that's still not enough to be on before South Today's beloved Saints. Maybe if we can get into the Champions League? Although I remember once when we were in the First Division that ITV went with 4th division Portsmouth's 2- home defeat by Grimsbybefore our result so maybe not ...

Probably be much better when the digital switchover happens next March because the BBC are changing the Brighton transmitters to the South East region. This will mean we should only be up against Charlton, Crawley and Gillingham each week and no more Portsmouth or Southampton to worry about.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Actually Bournemouth were on first, but that was because their chairman went Delia Smith on the fans at the final whistle.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Probably be much better when the digital switchover happens next March because the BBC are changing the Brighton transmitters to the South East region. This will mean we should only be up against Charlton, Crawley and Gillingham each week and no more Portsmouth or Southampton to worry about.

Can't happen quickly enough for me.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We will never be on before them, South Today is a Saints and Pompey station. Be grateful we were on on before Bournemouth, we were on before Bournemouth I hope !!?

I don't actually give a shit anymore, I have accepted it as the way it is. I love the way the presenters squirm when we beat or don't lose to their darlings though

Pompey have to win an FAC to get more coverage that S'ton.

Always been the same. Lazy & low budget journalism focus on 1 mile away, than that awkward traffic-jamed trip to outpost Brighton.
Brighton particularly suffer as on the edge of 2 tv catchments. Friends in Lewes / Uckfield / P'haven & east who get BBC T.Wells, often see good coverage of the Albion.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Actually Bournemouth were on first, but that was because their chairman went Delia Smith on the fans at the final whistle.

Well surely we were on before Reading, Swindon and Aldershot? :lolol:

I'm loving seeing the Cherries struggle, wasn't this the Chairman who suggested they'd be the top club in the South within a couple of years last season??

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Is that definite re BBC transmitters?
Will be strange NOT to hear about Dorset & Hants after a lifetime, but Kent/East Sussex seems to make sense.

Yes it is definite. Strangely if you live in Brighton and get your TV via Sky you already default to the South East region which has a much better coverage of the Albion because in that region we are top dog. Fortunately next March those on freeview will also get it as well.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The only thing I can think of is that the studio is only about 1 mile away from St. Mary's so any reporting doesn't cost as much. Presumably it's not Sally as she supports Reading, probably Roger showing a bit of bias. We need one of our own Media Whores to get into television and redress the balance.
We are well served by the Fourth Estate, now that Des seems to have retired we only have the odd Sky sports reporter to do the business for the minority.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Tony Husband is the best of the south's TV guys. Well-informed, and should go on to better things if there's any justice.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Yes it is definite. Strangely if you live in Brighton and get your TV via Sky you already default to the South East region which has a much better coverage of the Albion because in that region we are top dog. Fortunately next March those on freeview will also get it as well.

Virgin Media's default seems to be from the Solent. Does anyone know if they have the South East version anywhere among their 600 channels of crap?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Channel 983 on Sky. But I made the mistake of watching us for 7 seconds on 984!

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Over in East of county we were behind Crawley and Charlton. I suppose we should be grateful we were ahead of Gillingham. Studios based in Maidstone I think.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
What do we need to do? Relocate to South Central Hampshire.

Roger Johnson's a c***, Husband's not much better, probably supreme bell-end. Taylor could kiss my gritts, but frankly I don't want her anywhere near me...

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
win the champions league 9-0 V Barcelona with our Goalie scoring all 9, this "might" get us on before Pompey and Saints.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
We call it Southampton Today in our house. They only report on murders and drug dealers in Sussex based stories, the fluffy nice stories are always Hampshire based. Used to really wind me up, now I just laugh at it. Dineage on the other hand, don't get me started on him!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here