Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what has JoeyBarton got on Gary Lineker?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This is why i avoid twiter. too many people living their lives vicariously amongst so called "celebs" its like online heat magazine.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Barton is indeed a horrible, nasty piece of shit. But he must have some dirt on Lineker, otherwise why not call his bluff?..If he posted something on twitter that was untrue Lineker could sue the arse off him.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
I thought that was fairly common knowledge? Maybe not...

Yeah, I thought everyone knew. But honestly, who gives a monkey's?

As someone tweeted earlier today, Gary Lineker: 80 caps, 48 goals, MBE. Alan Shearer: 63 caps, 30 goals, OBE. Joey Barton: 1 cap, 0 goals, ABH.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
barton is someone who is not really a footballer, but is good at football so plays at a high level. his whole character and behavior is not the backdrop for someone to play at a high level.

makes it interesting and spices things up.

i personally like his blasts at authority :) and there are countless footballers who act the hard man, he actially backs it up, and on the pitch. its all theatre anyway, take it all with a pinch of salt.

if brightons fight in ireland pre-season years ago was shown world wide and as high profile, then it would be the same for oatway and co.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
barton is someone who is not really a footballer, but is good at football so plays at a high level. his whole character and behavior is not the backdrop for someone to play at a high level.

makes it interesting and spices things up.

i personally like his blasts at authority :) and there are countless footballers who act the hard man, he actially backs it up, and on the pitch. its all theatre anyway, take it all with a pinch of salt.

if brightons fight in ireland pre-season years ago was shown world wide and as high profile, then it would be the same for oatway and co.

Hard Man..lol...Are you talking about the same Joey Barton who stubbed a cigar out on someone's face, or the same Joey Barton who rolled around on the floor clutching his face at Newcatle trying to get another playing sent off, when he was never touched...Hard man, do me a favour. He is a total wanker of the highest order.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
He's a tosser. Just what he did yesterday confirmed that, never mind his tweeting. He let himself, the fans and his club down and not for the first time either. Club captain? Do me a favour.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Definitely. Depression would be my bet, it's rather flavour of the month at the moment.

I think you will be right. I reckon a sob story newspaper exclusive followed by a stint in a clinic, then he will go on about being reformed, Tweet Nietzsche again, tweet some other well meaning but simplistic political stuff, another Guardian article about his latest favourite painter and then the cycle will begin again when he gets sent off for lashing out.

Last edited:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Is this a bad thing? I ruddy loved Zorro

Ahhh...i loved that....the series that is, not the movie...that was shit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think you will be right. I reckon a sob story newspaper exclusive followed by a stint in a clinic, then he will go on about being reformed, Tweet Nietzsche again, tweet some other well meaning but simplistic political stuff, another Guardian article about his latest favourite painter and then the cycle will begin again when he gets sent off for lashing out.

I should have written "tweet from his book of Nietzsche quotes"

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Or.... he'll end up going to a nightclub and kicking some lads head in outside, once a wrong'n...always a wrong'n i'm afraid! I wouldn't let him in my pub thats for sure!

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
What he tweeted about one of his team mates saying "take one of them with you" must of happened. Its the sort of things pro footballers do. Adam el abd is a bit of a pro at it.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Hard Man..lol...Are you talking about the same Joey Barton who stubbed a cigar out on someone's face, or the same Joey Barton who rolled around on the floor clutching his face at Newcatle trying to get another playing sent off, when he was never touched...Hard man, do me a favour. He is a total wanker of the highest order.
It was funny him trying to get at Balotelli on Sunday, Balotelli would clearly end him.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I should have written "tweet from his book of Nietzsche quotes"

Is that Jack Nitzsche, the legendary American musician, producer etc etc who worked with Phil Spector, the Rolling Stones and neil Young, among others? I didn't realise he had ever said anything that interesting.

Oh, probably not. It is spelt differently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here