Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What happens in May if LIB & LDC lose at the ballet box?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
they'd be out on their ears. time people found a party that sympathetic to our cause and voted them in. or at least make the right noises to other parties so they realise theres a few thousand votes up for grabs if they become sympathetic or just cease the harassement.

There is only Labour and The Seagulls party who are sympathetic to our cause...LibDems and Tories are enemies of the Albion despite that Tory Toff's bullshit at the rally.

Strategic voting is needed by Lewes based Albion fans for this one upcoming election at least.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
..but the Tories are shrewd and must know that if they get in it will be partly (mainly(?)) down to tactical voting by Seagulls fans. If they want to retain power they must acknowledge that there is very strong support for Falmer within the LDC areas.

I hope so, I really hope so, 'cause I can't see Labour getting in in Lewes.

Also...Brighton & Hove Labour group are remarkably silent nowadays about Falmer. Why are they not more vocal in support?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I would hope that all Lewes bassed Seagulls fans will be voting for The Seagulls Party.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I don't wish to be found guilty of stating the bleeding obvious, but the Tories should realise that they can gain votes at the expense of the Lib Dems by highlighting how much taxpayers money is being risked/wasted on fighting Falmer. Clearly the Labour party will gain some clout when the plan is given the final green light, but they are unlikely to pick up enough votes to win enough seats to change the balance of power on the council.

The role of the Seagull party cannot be underestimated, even if it amounts to them trying to direct votes towards anyone who rivals the Lib Dems.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Nemesis said:
Tories are enemies of the Albion despite that Tory Toff's bullshit at the rally.

:lolol: :lolol: He had me in stictches for ages

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
It would be quite funny if Ruth Kelly re-opened the inquiry for, say, June, and then the Seagulls party swept to victory in May. First anti-Falmer witness would be the leader of Lewes council, Paul Samrah!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Buzzer said:
..but the Tories are shrewd and must know that if they get in it will be partly (mainly(?)) down to tactical voting by Seagulls fans. If they want to retain power they must acknowledge that there is very strong support for Falmer within the LDC areas.

Also...Brighton & Hove Labour group are remarkably silent nowadays about Falmer. Why are they not more vocal in support?

Agree.Labour will never in a million years win Lewes.I really cannot see anything other then a Lib Dem win.Wheather we like it or not Baker is a good local MP for the residents.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
algie said:
Agree.Labour will never in a million years win Lewes.I really cannot see anything other then a Lib Dem win.Wheather we like it or not Baker is a good local MP for the residents.

Though we are talking local elections not government elections.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
adrian29uk said:
Just wondering what exactly would happen if LDC & Liberals did lose at the ballet box.

A number of events,changes and plans.All resulting in more delays.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
First anti-Falmer witness would be the leader of Lewes council, Paul Samrah!

A truly marvellous scene.

Sadly it 'aint likely to happen since Paul isn't currently qualified to stand as a candidate for Lewes District in the May 2007 elections.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Gully said:
I don't wish to be found guilty of stating the bleeding obvious, but the Tories should realise that they can gain votes at the expense of the Lib Dems by highlighting how much taxpayers money is being risked/wasted on fighting Falmer. Clearly the Labour party will gain some clout when the plan is given the final green light, but they are unlikely to pick up enough votes to win enough seats to change the balance of power on the council.

The role of the Seagull party cannot be underestimated, even if it amounts to them trying to direct votes towards anyone who rivals the Lib Dems.
Absolutely. If they (the Tories) had any sense, and I hope they do, they'll realise there's votes to be had in attacking the LibDems misuse of council funds. In those circumstances I'd like to see the Seagulls Party doing deals with the Tories whereby not only do we not stand against them in their target wards but we actively campaign on their behalf - anything to get rid of an incumbent LibDem.

For an Old Labour voter such as myself this is a painful position to be in, but these are desparate times and call for desparate measures.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Brovian said:
Absolutely. If they (the Tories) had any sense, and I hope they do, they'll realise there's votes to be had in attacking the LibDems misuse of council funds. In those circumstances I'd like to see the Seagulls Party doing deals with the Tories whereby not only do we not stand against them in their target wards but we actively campaign on their behalf - anything to get rid of an incumbent LibDem.

For an Old Labour voter such as myself this is a painful position to be in, but these are desparate times and call for desparate measures.
i too am old labour and am wrestling with my conscience to vote tory but needs must.........well, that and i despise NEW labour

Dandyman

In London village.
Buzzer said:

All the decisions on Falmer taken by LDC have been supported by both Lib Dem and Tory members. However they may try and dress it up the Tories on LDC have consistently voted against the Community Stadium.

adrian29uk said:
Is it also LDCs responsibility to fight the planned incinerator in Newhaven or is this down to East Sussex County Council.
The planned incinerator is going to Newhaven because Tory-controlled East Sussex County Council have APPROVED it as part of the Waste Local Plan.

As, indeed, have Labour-controlled Brighton and Hove City Council.

This presents Lewes Lib Dems with the biggest electoral present that they could hope for - thousands of votes in their favour.

The hypocrisy lies in the fact that when the Lib Dems were in control of the County Council they took NO ACTION to exclude incineration at Newhaven, despite having had the opportunity to do so.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Brovian and Guinness Dave, I am an old style Liberal, have been since I was a spotty school boy at the time of the election in 79.

It pains me to encourage people to vote anything but Lib Dem, but what is being done by LDC is anything but Liberal and certainly not Democratic, this is one time where personal party views have to be put aside if the actions of a few are jeapordising something (the Albion) I hold dear to my heart. I have to say that I despise the Tories, one of the reasons that made me become a Liberal in the first place, encouraging people to vote for them is tantamount to treason in my eyes...however desperate times call for desperate measures.

Gully said:
Brovian and Guinness Dave, I am an old style Liberal, have been since I was a spotty school boy at the time of the election in 79.

It pains me to encourage people to vote anything but Lib Dem, but what is being done by LDC is anything but Liberal and certainly not Democratic, this is one time where personal party views have to be put aside if the actions of a few are jeapordising something (the Albion) I hold dear to my heart. I have to say that I despise the Tories, one of the reasons that made me become a Liberal in the first place, encouraging people to vote for them is tantamount to treason in my eyes...however desperate times call for desperate measures.

The Tories are as bad as the LibDems when it comes to being anti-Albion. Remember how they (Brighton Tories) campaigned against us using Withdean? And how they've (Lewes Tories) supported LDC?

Seagulls Party is the only true option.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here