Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What happened To Gully MKI?

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
Back in 1991/2 I am convinced that we used to have the original Gully mascot parading around the Goldstone perimeter.

Am I the only person who remembers the 'awkward looking bird'?

More importantly, I wonder what happened to it? Did it meet the same Goldstone bonfire as many other items from the period?

Anybody any ideas?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Back in 1991/2 I am convinced that we used to have the original Gully mascot parading around the Goldstone perimeter.

More importantly, I wonder what happened to it? Did it meet the same Goldstone bonfire as many other items from the period?

Anybody any ideas?

It was cheap, crap and looked like an albino pigeon

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
One thing it wasn't I can say with some certainty is cheap. Mascot costumes, especially back then when they were relatively new here, cost a fair few quid.

I grant you though it was not the best example of a bird mascot you had ever seen, but for a generation of our current Albion family, he was their first introduction to the club, just as Gully and his siblings are today.

Surely someone must know what happened to it, and where it is now?

pezza

Oct 26, 2010
seaford
After going to Torquay pre season 09/10 season I think we flogged it to them looked liked it had been run over a few times thoe

legalseagull

Feb 7, 2004
brighton
Gully is safe and sound in a roost known to the club it is rumoured to return when requested or for the museum as part of the club's history rather than be dumped

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove

Anybody any ideas?

You are mistaken - that was Robert Codner.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Gully was a girl called Alison who worked in the Albion club shop at the Goldstone I believe...

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
Gully is safe and sound in a roost known to the club it is rumoured to return when requested or for the museum as part of the club's history rather than be dumped

Great, this is what I was trying to determine.

Whilst not the greatest, like many other strange and weird items, it does form part of our history, and it would have been a shame for it to be 'lost'.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
untitled-1.jpg

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Friend of mine worked for General Accident at the time and I believe the costume was insured for £5000 then.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It was in the bag with the REMF flag I'll hazard a guess :lol:

He will no doubt ride up on Shergar for the first game at Falmer, draped in the REMF flag...led by Lord Lucan!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here