Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What English division would Andorra be in?

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
England are 1/100 to win.

Obviously they will, but I was wondering what English division they would be in.

Let's say that England were ( for example ) Manure, who would be Andorra's equivilent?

Chester, Luton, or maybe lower with Havant?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I think England in this analogy are more Spurs. They won something in the past, and their supporters think this makes them a big team. When the new season starts optimism will be unrealistically high and although they may have some good results along the way ultimately they are destined to win f*** all.

Anyway Andorra - Conference South

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
I think England in this analogy are more Spurs. They won something in the past, and their supporters think this makes them a big team. When the new season starts optimism will be unrealistically high and although they may have some good results along the way ultimately they are destined to win f*** all.

Anyway Andorra - Conference South

Spurs v Lewes?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Their players arn't even professional footballers. This is the equivalent of playing Southwick.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008

That about sums it up. Let's face it out of the qualifiers the Croatian side has been the only respectable side they've played - all the rest have been little more than pub sides. Once they start playing decent sides they'll fall apart as usual with all the predictable recriminations from the media.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Spurs v Lewes?

That sounds about right, but maybe once in a hundred games Lewes would cause an upset...under McLaren that might have happened for England, not with Capello at the helm, we should be OK tomorrow evening.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I don't actually think Andorra are that bad.
I think they'd give Brighton at least a well contested game.

For most of last season Lewes would have given us a "well contested game".

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Last time we played them at home we went 1-0 down. So it can happen to the best.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The population of Andorra is about the same as the population of Burgess Hill. But Burgess Hill aren't restricted by ONLY being allowed to sign/play players from Burgess Hill. Andorra are restricted to Andorrans. Therefore I'd say Andorra are no better than Burgess Hill.

By that reckoning, the Dutch should never have go anywhere near two World Cup finals in the 1970s, nor won the Euros in 1988.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The likes of Andorra / San Marino / Faroe Islands etc should have to pre-qualify before they enter these World Cup groups. These games are complete non-event mismatches that just clog up an already congested fixture list, and only serve as goal-difference boosters for the proper footballing nations.

Andorra are 196th in the current FIFA World Rankings (Papa New Guinea are rock bottom at 202). A line should be drawn whereby any nation ranked 100th or worse should have a pre-qualifying knockout with the rest of the junk, to earn the RIGHT to enter a World Cup qualifying group. At least we can get shot of half these non-event fixtures then.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
League 2. They have a population of 82,000.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
The likes of Andorra / San Marino / Faroe Islands etc should have to pre-qualify before they enter these World Cup groups. These games are complete non-event mismatches that just clog up an already congested fixture list, and only serve as goal-difference boosters for the proper footballing nations.

Andorra are 196th in the current FIFA World Rankings (Papa New Guinea are rock bottom at 202). A line should be drawn whereby any nation ranked 100th or worse should have a pre-qualifying knockout with the rest of the junk, to earn the RIGHT to enter a World Cup qualifying group. At least we can get shot of half these non-event fixtures then.

I disagree - I think one of the beauties of the qualifiers is that everyone has to beat these sides, and these sides get the opportunity to play the big countries.

I would implement a 'bonus point' system similar (althought not the same) to what they use in rugby - i.e. do away with goal difference altogether, and instead have a separate column where you notch up extra points for beating sides by, say, 4 (maybe even 3?) goals - these points only count if 2 sides are on the same actual points, obviously. As a tie-breaker use head to head, before eventually resorting to goal difference.

Means that you still recognise there is something to be had by thrashing the minnows, but doesn't mean the balance of the group is f***ed by someone winning 13-0.

Was an idea I came up with at the weekend whilst drunk, so interested to hear what people think...:down:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I disagree - I think one of the beauties of the qualifiers is that everyone has to beat these sides, and these sides get the opportunity to play the big countries.

I would implement a 'bonus point' system similar (althought not the same) to what they use in rugby - i.e. do away with goal difference altogether, and instead have a separate column where you notch up extra points for beating sides by, say, 4 (maybe even 3?) goals - these points only count if 2 sides are on the same actual points, obviously. As a tie-breaker use head to head, before eventually resorting to goal difference.

Means that you still recognise there is something to be had by thrashing the minnows, but doesn't mean the balance of the group is f***ed by someone winning 13-0.

Was an idea I came up with at the weekend whilst drunk, so interested to hear what people think...:down:

I quite like that idea.

I also agree that the smalled teams should be kept in, I mean playing England is Scotlands World Cup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here