Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you think of Keane? (Not the 2 players)

What fo you think of Keane?

• Good

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • OK

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Bad

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Never heard of them

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
well there song 'somewhere only we know' was quite good i thought. so much so it got onto my top 100 playlist..lucky buggers.

havent heard anything else from them.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Not a big fan to be honest, they don't bring anything new to the table.

It's quite weird that bands like Keane and Snow Patrol are so highly regarded amongst the music press when they are not doing anything that Oasis, the Verve, Travis and most of the other big indie bands of the 90's have already done before, but better.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
They are not bad but to be honest are not really anything new. We already have Coldplay, Travis and Snow Patrol...I dont think we need Keane.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I like them, had their album for a few weeks and it is really good.

they make a massive sound seeing as there's only three of them and no guitars.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
They are as bland as Coldplay

and as uninspiring as Travis

I hate them :angry:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
If anyone's looking to add to their Jamie Cullum, Katie Melua and Norah Jones collections of well-produced and harmless music-by-numbers, here you go. Personally this kind of bland, dull and safe stuff stupefies me with boredom. It's like living in Guildford and saying "I support Man Utd. Though, actually, I've always admired Arsenal too, you know...."

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I like what I've heard of theirs so far, even if it is only two songs.

bhafc99 said:
If anyone's looking to add to their Jamie Cullum, Katie Melua and Norah Jones collections of well-produced and harmless music-by-numbers, here you go. Personally this kind of bland, dull and safe stuff stupefies me with boredom. It's like living in Guildford and saying "I support Man Utd. Though, actually, I've always admired Arsenal too, you know...."

You've got a point, but sometimes 'well-produced and harmless music-by-numbers' is just nice to listen to. Nothing wrong with that.

Personally I judge artists on their own merit, not what's gone before them. If you're constantly comparing new to old then you'll be very hard to please.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Well said Steve, why can't you listen to a band and take them for what they are which is a decent indie pop band who write good melodic tunes and play very well.

They may sound like other bands but why should that matter, all music doesn't have to be original.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Easyworld as the best band from Sussex!

Keane aren't bad. I hate the way the backlash starts as soon as a band start to make it!

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
tinx said:
I like them, had their album for a few weeks and it is really good.

they make a massive sound seeing as there's only three of them and no guitars.

but they do have guitars! they just CHEAT and play the bass off a recorded track..

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I thought they were pretty OK to be honest when I saw them, but they did not inspire me at all.

Agree with the backlash thing, I dont particularly like Coldplay and this genre of 'new indie', but unlike the others, they are VERY talented and dont deserve the sort of critique the get.

I hope that dosnt happen to Keane or Snow Patrol who are half decent at what they do and should be allowed to develop, not be destroyed in the endless popular culture of seeking new music to the detriment of existing stuff.

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
Pleasant enough but not really my thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here