Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you think of Keane? (Not the 2 players)

What fo you think of Keane?

• Good

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • OK

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Bad

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Never heard of them

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Safeway said:
Good shout! :clap:

Shame it looks like they're going to be dropped after 'Kill the Last Romantic'. :(

Keep an eye on the lead singer Dav Ford doing some solo stuff in the future though.

Where did you hear that?

I heard they are recording a new single? The Albums hasn't done brilliantly but then it's hardly been promoted much or getting much airplay so what do they expect?

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
ive just got into Easyworld, very good band.

not too sure about the new keane album, it was radio 2,s record of the week last week heard 5 tracks. apart from everybodys changing and somewhere only we know, wasnt too impressed but it may be a grower.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Saw them supporting Travis and was fairly impressed.

I think they will get better before they get worse. Their music is not the sort of stuff to put on for a rocking night, but good in the car and for relaxing at home.

Travis are depressing.

Coldplay are annoying.

Keane.... I put them in a similar group to the above two, but they do seem to have a little more edge, a little more life to them. I do not really like this style of music and certainly won't buy their album, but good luck to 'em anyway.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
there ok , i need to hear some more of there stuff before i can make my final decision!

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
CATHERINE is currently trying to drown out my playing of 'a grand don't come for free' with the Keane album. However, it is fairly obvious to me and proabably to the neighbours that not only is the music i am playing infinitely better, i have a louder stereo!

Hart's mistress

Mar 7, 2004
Brighton
the full harris said:
CATHERINE is currently trying to drown out my playing of 'a grand don't come for free' with the Keane album. However, it is fairly obvious to me and proabably to the neighbours that not only is the music i am playing infinitely better, i have a louder stereo!

Did they tell you this when they came round to ask you to turn it down? I don't think I could ever drown your music out.

As for Keane they are absolutely brilliant. Their album is by far the best album I have bought in at least a year and a half. I don't see how people can say they are the same as other bands, as it's pretty hard not to be these days - this to me is a lazy argument, and one to which I can reply: I've heard it all before! I can't think of any band you could say sound like no other.

Also, I'm not being picky but they were being played on the radio a number of months before snow patrol, so therefore snow patrol sound like Keane.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Saw them in Eastbourne last Saturday and granted they don't set the world on fire from an originality standpoint, but at least they can play live, and Tom's vocals are fantastic.

I just hope they are not a one trick pony, and feel if they stuck a guitar on a few of their tracks they would have a bit more range.

As a debut Album goes it's pretty solid and far better than most of the crap out there at the moment.

And if you got the original release of 'Everbody's Changing' on Fierce Panda records - I suggest you flog it on Ebay, they are selling for a minimum of £60 for a single ! I sold one a couple of months ago that I got signed in Bristol and made a tidy £108.

And this was before they had even released their first album !

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I saw them supporting Travis and thought they were great and more and more people have heard of them now so I think they could be quite big in the next few months

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here