Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What did you make of the programme today?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
My first thought was that if they're charging £3 for that, does that mean the price of the regular-sized programme is going to increase? It's been £3 for yonks. Also, I'm glad they've appeared to have chosen action shots rather than boring mug shots for the front cover.

But what is going on on pages 28 and 29? Is that writing really meant to go over the two main photos? Looks a right mess.

Best quote: (From Alec Stewart) "I had Darren Gough on my team and I don't think he was too impressed as Gus caressed him..." Oo-er!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I have read it and was massively unimpressed. I then checked the cover to see how much it cost... £3. Rubbish value, that is worse than our last seasons worth of programmes in League 1. If that is the standard for the season then the club is seriously pinching pennies in the wrong places.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Agreed.

How did a match report of Chelsea and Bayern Munich get into this programme? Lots of filler content such as two pages profiling a fan who has the job of issuing 'accreditation' in the Olympics media complex. Really?

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
The production costs of the old programme were going through the roof and I was told toward the end of last season that they would be both shortening it for this season and changing the format completely. I guess this will be the new look programme for this upcoming campaign

SWCspider-man

Aug 2, 2011
Brighton
To be fair there isn't going to be a lot in the programme at this moment but I'm sure normal service will resume for the league games, I wouldn't expect the club to produce a normal programme for a friendly although I do agree 3 squid was a tad expensive

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The production costs of the old programme were going through the roof and I was told toward the end of last season that they would be both shortening it for this season and changing the format completely. I guess this will be the new look programme for this upcoming campaign

Maybe if they didn't hand them out like confetti in the 1901 areas, the production costs wouldn't have been so high and the wastage would have been much lower.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I'm sure the league programmes will be high quality again like last years programme which I think was the best the club have ever produced , last years Carling cup programmes were smaller editions so likewise for today's friendly ( hope so anyway )

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I seem to remember that last season programmes were £3.00 for the league ( and Spurs friendly ) but £2.00 for League Cup games and FA cup against Wrexham.

The content of the Spurs programme was somewhat more impressive than yesterday's for Chelsea, however I suppose the game with Spurs was somewhat more significant given it was the Albion's first at the Amex !

Last edited:

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
I'm glad I didn't pay for mine, that's for sure. Was more about Chelsea in there than Brighton... Seemed a little thin, too. Although with pre-season I'm not too sure there's much to talk about...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here