Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What did the hell did the US military do in Falluhjah

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Probably smoked lots of cigarettes-bet there are loads of poor people towing oxygen cylinders behind them-and they STINK.(If you believe some people on here):smokin::laugh:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i read that and the first thing i wonder is what are the rates of heart defect compared to other Iraqi and other neighbouring countries, rather than Europe. second thing is what liklyhood of somthing contaiminating water supplies, noting that either of the sides could have done so, accidently or deliberatly.

everyone knows US use depleted uranium, and i think this is a veiled accusation that this has led to problems, though i recall the radioactivity is negligable (they use it for its density, not radioactivity, which would have simlar effects on servicemen and in garrison towns).

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Depleted Uranium has always been a problem, and there have been claims that UK servicemen have been affected. I recall that we were always advised not to pick up spent DU rounds. However, there can be other reasons for this study picking up increased birth defects. You would need to include mortality rates before and after the Gulf War - if there are increased birth rates, then you would expect there to be a higher incidence of birth defects and still births. You also need to consider the recording - historically children that are born with defects in middle eastern countries would simply have been disposed of - with an improved healthcare system, these births would be recorded whereas before they would have been unknown to the system. Blaming it on the US is too easy - Saddam was not exactly unknown for treating his populace as a testing ground for chemical experiments! Probably a combination of both.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
2003 - original Gulf War. Iraq had tanks then. The Iraqis were also using DU rounds, therefore they would have been tested somewhere. DU is not only used on tanks!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
There was a report on the BBC last night that suggested it might be something to do with all the destroyed buildings being bulldozed into the river - which the locals also used for their drinking water. Now what idiot would think bulldozing rubble with unknown contents into a river was a good idea ? Oh yes - an American idiot !

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
the BBC is just a second-rate propaganda machine

but for which side? actually its just lowest common denominator story, no details which might not be understood by a Sun or Mail reader.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
but for which side? actually its just lowest common denominator story, no details which might not be understood by a Sun or Mail reader.

Why is asummed that it's the US that did this ? It might be be but Sadem and his mates liked chemical weapons as well.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
10e1n3l.jpg

:facepalm:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
The British Troops use DU on their armour piercing rounds too, don't they?

probably, its very good for that. id imagine they go through buildings pretty well too.

Why is asummed that it's the US that did this ? It might be be but Sadem and his mates liked chemical weapons as well.

thats my point earlier. but the fact that it doesnt mention DU, White Phosphorus or other specifics, isnt propaganda, just reporting lite. (if it were propaganda it would mention them wouldnt it?)

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex

I see what you're saying but the US military operation was at its height around Fallujah where these defects are being reported. Saddam certainly wasn't averse to chemical weapons but that was all over the place and especially in the Kurdish north.

Add to that the fact that his chemical attacks were many years ago and, if he had been responsible for these birth defects, it's more likely they would have presented before and in other places.

If the Americans are to blame for this (and it's not proven) it would be a another pretty terrible indictment of what claims to be the leader of the free and peaceful world.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone

For the establishment, the ruling class and their lackeys. Dumbed right down, as you rightly point out.

The British Troops use DU on their armour piercing rounds too, don't they?

My point exactly. We, the British, are also complicit in this - not that you're likely to read about it on the BBC until it has a bone to pick with a British politician.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here