Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Channel is it for the Germany game?

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
as ITV had two group games i believe the Beeb get the last 16 game, and then they both have the rights to any England games from the quarters onwards

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
as ITV had two group games i believe the Beeb get the last 16 game, and then they both have the rights to any England games from the quarters onwards

Excellent! Plus the Beeb will have Wimbledon. Yay! :clap2:

Whereas ITV will have Murder She Wrote or that bloody Poirot film they seem to show every other day.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Hopefully England will be playing in Red again :thumbsup:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Long live coverage on BBC we have a much better record. booommm. plus hopefully we get more of Lawro, iv gone from hating his commentry to being a huge fan, is it more or does it sound like hes just taken a huge swig of whiskey before he talks.

a bit like it used to sound like motson was doing a massive line when you coudl hearing in the background, before talking constantly for the next 10mins.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Hopefully England will be playing in Red again :thumbsup:

Should be as Germany are the home team.

In the Euro U-21 championships last year Germany (as home team) elected to wear their red away kit because they knew the England team wanted to wear red. That can't happen this time because Germany's official away kit is Black and third kits are only allowed in the eventuality that all other kits clash.

Therefore Germany should be in white shirts, black shorts, white socks. England will be in red shorts and socks. I'm not sure weather fifa's strict kit regulations would force us to wear our 'alternative away' red shorts again, or whether we'll go back to our usual white shorts.

From FourFourTwo's World Cup Breakfast e-mail:-

England won – because of the Beeb!

It’s no wonder the Three Lions pulled through yesterday – it’s all down to the curse of ITV that they’ve been struggling so far. Curiously, since 1982 the Three Lions have won 62% of their World Cup games shown on the BBC – and just 30% of those on the other side. The relaxed, jocular approach of Adrian Chiles clearly wasn’t working for Fabio’s men and the knowledge that they were playing shortly after Cash In The Attic obviously spurred them on. In even better news, the BBC will be covering both the last 16 game and the quarters, so England now look safe until the semi-finals. Well worth the licence fee...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The BBCHD programme schedule on my digibox is still showing Hamlet (starring David Tennant and Patrick Stewart) as starting at 3pm on Sunday. ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here