Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What can Brown possibly do now to win this election?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Post-gaffe, desperate times call for desperate measures. IMHO he has one card left to play to appeal to the English voters and those north of the border:

Declare war on Wales.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think he's going to hav to do what the South Africans did in the 80s.

Round up his opponents, dump them in the shittest part of the country (a 10 mile radius around Luton) and tell them that's their new country, thereby wiping them off the map of the UK.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
In all seriousness, all Brown can realistically hope for is to hold his key marginals. Thus giving him the larger number of seats (even if he has a smaller vote share) and therefore a decent negtiating position in a hung parliament. However, if this happens, I fully expect to see a younger and more PR savvy Labour PM to come in to broker any coalition deal...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've got another idea.

Greece needs the cash, Brown needs the votes. How about he does a deal so the Greeks get some of our gold but all British men get a weeks free holiday and unlimited sex with the Greek women? Just take your razor....a similar deal could be extended to women, provided they were happy staying at Lesbos.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've long held the view that any party which pledges to make St Georges Day a public holiday would get a MASSIVE boost to their vote.

Well, not in Wales, Scotland or N Ireland obviously, but then who cares what they think anyway.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
resign?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Sign for Sheff Wednesday and score the winning goal that relegates Palace?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This one HONEST 'gaffe' won't knock off any votes.

Really ?
Its a prime example of exactly how two-faced our politicians are. They'll say one thing to your face when they're out campaigning, then when they think they're our of earshot, the pretence is dropped and they'll say something completely different. I know we all know politicians do this anyway. But Gordon has just gone and given irrefutible evidence of it, in public, at the worst possible moment.

He's dead in the water.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I just don't think most non-politically minded people will care to be honest...

Probably not.
But the non-politically minded folk probably won't be voting anyway. Or if they did, they'd probably 'give that bloke who called the old dear a bigot' a fairly wide berth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here