What are you boycotting?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The following are banned from my house

The Sun (Hillsboro reporting)
Daily Mail ( As I am not a menopausal woman)
FOCUS DIY (Archer and selling pets via pet farms)
Nescafe ( Activities in Africa)
ESSO ( Environmental pollution)

Any more to add to the list?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Er, can I just mention that today's Argus carries the banner header 'The Good Samaritan' on the front page. It's an article about who? Mother Theresa? Princess Diana? Nope, it's an interview with Nicholas Van Hoogstraten. Seriously.

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
Frys Turkish Delight ( no wonder all the turks are mad )

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
French wine

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
El Presidente said:
Daily Mail ( As I am not a menopausal woman)

So does that mean it's ok for me to read it? :lol:

Albion Rob

The dentiist because I'm a bit scared.

The Goldstone retail park and Focus for obvious reasons. And am thinking f boycotting the Lib Dems at the next election because of Norman Wanker.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Have you seen a frenchman's feet?

No something to do with their reluctance to blow up Iraq isn't it?

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Highfields Seagull said:
I try to boycott nestle but am occasionally led into temptation by a kit kat chunky. Oh why can't someone else make those.

They did but Rowntrees was bought by Nestle.

However Nestle could never have been bought by Rowntrees as Swiss companies have takeover protection.

True to say of course that at the time they were bought Rowntrees did not produce the Kit Kat Chunkey this is a product of the Nestle era. But what is there to say that Rowntrees would have got off their fact corporate arses and realised the marketing potential that Nestle did?

Lush

Mods' Pet
Fortunately Nestle recently sold their interest in Crosse and Blackwell, which measn that I can now eat Branston pickle with my cold turkey this Christmas Hoorah!!!

Apart from Nestle I also boycott Esso, Focus and the Goldstone Retail Park.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
And lest we forget, the Palace Pier should be boycotted for opposing the lottery grant to the West Pier. And for that other little bit of business with the West Pier. There's no smoke without fire, eh? Allegedly. :salute:

Well, I only buy good coffee and good chocolate, so boycotting Nestle is not really an issue, but I would boycott them if it was an issue. Same with petrol/diesel - no car, so no boycotting to be done. As for the Sun, the Mail, the Express, etc - won't buy them for all sorts of reasons, so it's not really a boycott.

I do, however, use DIY shops, so Focus, obviously, is boycotted.

I won't buy fruit grown outside Europe, and never buy anything other than English apples or British veg. As for Marks & Spencer's food - their buyers are the scum of the earth and I won't buy from them.

I have never shopped - and I never will shop - with Amazon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here